WATCH YOUR BACKS
- Public Safety Medal of Valor Awarded. // Fire Chief;Mar2003, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p17
Reports that U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft and Vice President Dick Cheney recognized the achievements of ten individuals who received the Public Safety Officer Medal of Valor in a ceremony in Washington, D.C. on February 14, 2003. Recipients of the 2003 Public Safety Officer Medal of Valor.
- THE SKY ISN'T FALLING... Manning, Bill // Fire Engineering;Jul2004, Vol. 157 Issue 7, p6
Provides insights into reality check concerning the politics of national emergency preparedness and response in the United States. Call for the formation of an elite federal rescue team to be deployed as part of the federal response to major disasters; Need to change the fire service's moral...
- Virtual Tech for Incident, Fire Command. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec2006, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p62
The article presents information on the Virtual Command Technology system which gives firefighters and police officers a virtual presence in fire affected building. The system provides virtual visual validation to help security police and fire departments in emergency response. The article...
- Training in Iraq. // Crisis Response Journal;Sep2009, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the training of unpaid volunteer firefighters to prepare them on how to perform rescue operation and to battle fires as part of the programme for the Iraq Civil Defence Directorate in Iraq.
- Thank a Firefighter! Cully, Christine French // Highlights;Oct2014, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p4
The author extends her gratitude to the volunteer firefighters and emergency workers in their community.
- Single-family home destroyed by fire. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/12/2015, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p1
A photograph of a single-family home in Lake Whitney, Texas destroyed by fire on August 8, 2015 is presented.
- Atlanta group studies city's emergency response plan. Rankin, Jennifer // Business Press;02/19/99, Vol. 11 Issue 43, p1
Reports on a study commissioned by the Arlington Fire Department in Arlington, Texas, to examine the city's emergency response system. Aim to determine how the system must grow to accommodate the city's explosive growth; Need to focus more on the medical aspect of the service; Potential systems...
- Big Mac Attack. // Progressive;Feb84, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p12
Reports that civil defense officials in Utica, New York plan to order hamburgers and coffee from carry-out restaurants in the event of nuclear attack to sustain occupants of municipal fall-out shelters.
- Disaster planning audio conference. // Drug Utilization Review;Nov2001, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p81
Announces the availability of a disaster planning audio conference at Saint Vincent's Hospital in New York City on November 14, 2001.