Dressed for Defense
- SELECTING PPE FOR OPTIMAL PROTECTION. Hawley, Christopher // Fire Engineering;Sep2006 Supplement, Vol. 159, p15
The article reports on the importance of proper selection of personal protective equipment for survival in emergency situation. The only way to identify if protective clothing posture is appropriate is using a risk-assessment process. In situation like, chemical or weapons of mass destruction,...
- BUILDING A BETTER GARMENT. Hohl, Beth // Occupational Hazards;Oct2000, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p160
Reports on the advances in the protective apparel industry in the United States. Study of the pressing needs of protective apparel users; Use of outside research and development to provide solutions for protective apparel users; Development of splash-resistant protection suit.
- ARM & HAND PROTECTION. // Occupational Hazards;Jan2001, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p54
Presents lists of arm and hand protection equipment and suppliers in the United States. Suppliers of elbow supports; Providers of finger cots and bandages; Marketers of gloves.
- PROTECTIVE CLOTHING. // Occupational Hazards;Jan2001, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p108
Presents a list of protective clothing distributors in the United States. Clean-room garments from Ansell Occupational Healthcare; Chemical and liquid resistant clothing from Allstar Fire Equipment, Inc.; Fire-retardant clothing from CompociTOOLS Inc.
- Bacou-Dalloz combo completed. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Nov2001, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p1A
Reports the agreement to create Bacou-Dalloz, manufacturer of personal protective equipment. Organization of Bacou-Dalloz to three core businesses; Number of employees in the company; News of the executives of the company.
- Protective clothing: Suiting the customer. Figura, Susannah Zak // Occupational Hazards;Jun96, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p51
Reports on innovations by the protective clothing industry of the United States. Lamination of nonwoven materials; Effectiveness of microporous film garments; Changes in flame-resistant protective clothing. INSET: Choosing the right protective clothing..
- Sheilz protective wear. // Indian Textile Journal;Feb2008, Vol. 118 Issue 5, p83
The article focuses on Sheilz Enterprises, a leading company in the field of manufacture and export of protective clothing. Sheilz, which also specialises in the manufacturing of work gloves and safety wear, has a global reach with a nationwide network and representatives around the world. A CE...
- Long-term PPE performance crucial to firefighter protection. // Fire;Mar2013, Vol. 105 Issue 1355, p24
The article focuses on the importance of protection standards for personal protective equipment (PPE) garments of fire fighters. It mentions PBI Performance Products Inc., which is considered as the most regarded producer of PPE that is the best protection for high flame and heat applications....
- Personal Protection Textiles: 40 suppliers of heavy duty fabrics. // Indian Textile Journal;Jun2010, Vol. 120 Issue 9, p88
The article features Textile Media Services' new publication "Personal Protection Textiles: 40 Suppliers of Heavy Duty Fabrics." It offers information on the global market for protective clothing in the institutional, workwear and private sectors. It provides an overview of the personal...