Will firefighter benefits break the chief's back?
- Rank and File. // Labor Law Journal;Dec55, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p885
Reports on events and developments in the labor sector in the United States as of December 1955. Fringe benefit forum in New York City; Industrial Relations Research Association Meeting in New York City; Number of workers involved in the merger of the American Federation of Labor and Congress...
- Equitable plans help balance work and life. Starcke, Alice M. // HR Magazine;May97, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p53
Discusses the importance of equitable benefits programs. Work/life benefits offered by companies; Rewards of work/life programs to employers; Importance of communicating benefit programs to employees.
- A PC In Every Pot? Koepfer, G. Chris // Modern Machine Shop;Apr2000, Vol. 72 Issue 11, p12
Comments on the growing movement of companies in recognizing employees as assets. Reason for the companies' change in attitude toward their employees; Issues and speculation about the personal computer and Internet access provisions at home of companies to their employees.
- Why vexatious tribunal claims must be tackled. // People Management;2/8/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p55
Presents an article which describes a company's experience of going to tribunal to settle a case dealing with employee's benefits. Role of solicitors; Proposed disciplinary actions for solicitors.
- BEYOND THE WORKERS' ENTITLEMENTS MESS. Hogbin, Geoff // Quadrant Magazine;Dec2001, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p38
Focuses on workers' entitlements problems in Australia. Structure of the country's industrial relations system; Reasons of an employee for deferring receipt of part of his earnings; Political issues surrounding entitlements; Ways to address the problems.
- Ensuring your benefit programs pay off. Gros, Barry; Szklarz, Marie // CMA Magazine;Jun97, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p10
Gives advice on how to ensure that a company's investment in the welfare of employees pays off. Factors that create employee motivation; Link between company benefits and employer/employee relationship; Investment in incentive compensation.
- Benefits for domestic partners no longer rare. Woolsey, Christine // Business Insurance;4/4/94, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p3
Reports on employers' increasing extension of medical insurance coverage and other benefits to the domestic partners of their employees. Issues to be considered before adopting domestic partner coverage; Factors behind employers' offer of benefits to domestic partners; Costs involved in...
- New look is something to get excited about. Lovewell-Tuck, Debbie // Employee Benefits;Nov2015, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue which includes high-level strategic insights into issues for experienced benefits professionals, issues related to employee benefits for the modern age and core values related to industrial relations.
- The month in numbers. // Employee Benefits;Nov2015, p13
The article presents statistics related to employee benefits in October 2015 which includes percentage of employers who have seen an increase in reported mental health problems over 2015, percentage of women employees getting less paid than men and 1.2m pound as contributions to its defined...