Bars to speech could be costly
- 10 rules for successful interim fire chiefs. Coleman, Ronny // Fire Chief Expert Blog;10/ 7/2013, p4
The article highlights ground rules that interim or acting fire chiefs should consider in order to successfully perform their duties. It cites the need for interim fire chiefs to have specific expectations spelled out before they begin their assignment. It also highlights the importance of...
- Phoenix bestowed. Biundo, Jen // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);9/8/2010, Vol. 107 Issue 23, p1C
The article announces the recipients of the Phoenix Award from the Kyle Fire Department in Texas including paramedic John Mills, lieutenant Terry Wright and firefighter Clinton Vinup.
- The Role of the Volunteer Company Officer. Rielage, Robert; Rielage, Todd // Fire Engineering;Jul2007, Vol. 160 Issue 7, p18
The article reports on the preparation and training for volunteer firefighter officer candidates. Local and state schools offer a variety of outreach classes for a novice or experienced firefighting officer. Technical skills require continuous education as methods and technology improve....
- Big Apple Funds Primed on Infrastructure. Giardina, Michael // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;10/25/2012, p4
The article discusses the developments in the operation of the New York City Retirement Systems (NYCRS). It cites the one-hour infrastructure educational sessions conducted by the Comptroller's Bureau of Asset Management (BAM) to the trustees of NYCRS. Included in the NYCRS are the New York City...
- Saving our own: The rapid intervention team officer. Lasky, Rick // Fire Engineering;Jul97, Vol. 150 Issue 7, p16
Discusses the roles and responsibilities of rapid intervention team (RIT) officer or team leader. Informations which the RIT officer must obtain from the incident commander when being assigned; Some observations that should be taken into consideration; Attitudes which the RIT officer and team...
- The Role of the Safety Officer. // Fire Engineering;Jun2008, Vol. 161 Issue 6, p38
The article provides several answers to a question of how is the safety officer position filled in, in the different fire department of United States.
- Firefighters to address West Shore group. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);2/6/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p2
The article focuses on the move of West Shore Fire Department members to deliver a presentation regarding the complex safety equipment used by local firefighter at the meeting of the West Shore Civic Association (WSCA) in Laguna Park in Bosque County, Texas on February 12, 2008.
- Crying Foul Over Free Speech. Rudman, William N. // Government Executive;Jul2006, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p62
The article informs that the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in May that government whistleblowers cannot use the First Amendment free speech clause to challenge personnel actions against them. According to Joanne Royce, general counsel for the Government Accountability Project, a nonprofit...
- Whistle blowers in the federal civil service: New evidence of the public service ethic. Brewer, Gene A.; Selden, Sally Coleman // Journal of Public Administration Research & Theory;Jul98, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p413
Attempts to link public service motivation (PSM), or the theory which predicts that individuals predisposed to public norms and emotions act in the public interest, to prosocial behaviors. The relationship between PSM and whistle blowers; Analysis of data from the United States Merit System...