Schwarzenegger's Plan Calls for $15B of GOs to Go Before Voters
- Schwarzenegger Pushes Spending Cap., $15B Deficit Bond. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;12/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31773, p6
Reports on the budget cap and bond issue plan of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. Payment of the budget deficit of the state; Expansion of gubernatorial authority.
- Gov. Schwarzenegger Vetoes Tribal Tax-Exempt Bond Bill. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31982, p4
Reports on California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's veto on a bill to extend state income tax exemption to bonds issues to California Indian tribes. Schwarzenegger's comments on issues over tax-exempt tribal bonds; Tax-exempt tribal bonds issued through conduit issues.
- At Long Last, California Agrees on a Budget Deal. SASKAL, RICH // Bond Buyer;2/20/2009, Vol. 363 Issue 33066, p1
The article reports that Governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger has said that he will soon sign a budget deal consisting of a package of tax increased, spending cuts, and borrowing plans. The deal is designed to lessen the gap of $42 million in California's spending plan over the next 16...
- Schwarzenegger Vetoes Tax-Free Bonds, Signs Sacred Lands Protection. // American Indian Report;Nov2004, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p26
Reports on the decision of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to veto a bill that would have allowed American Indian tribes in the state to issue tax-free bonds to finance major projects. Basis of the governor's decision; Reason for the opposition to the bill by the California State...
- Bracing for A Showdown Over Car Tax. Fine, Howard // San Diego Business Journal;10/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p47
Comments on Governor-elect Arnold Schwarzenegger's intention to repeal all or most of the vehicle license fee, or car tax in California. Local leaders' concern that they will ultimately bear the brunt of any rollback in the form of funding cutbacks from the state; Local governments' use of the...
- A Warning from Westly. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/30/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31751, p1
Relates the views of California Controller Steve Westly on the possible impact of governor-elect Arnold Schwarzenegger's plan to put a general obligation bond issue on a March 2004 ballot. Interest costs of the bond issue; Estimated total debt service if the deficit bonds were sold now.
- A Governor's Gamble. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31937, p1
Reports on the bond issuance to provide a cash infusion for California in return for allowing expanded tribal gambling rights. Agreement between Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger with five Indian tribes; Reaction of the voters to two gaming proposals; Generation of additional state revenue.
- California Ballot Doubts: Five Big Bond Questions Face Uphill Climb. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/15/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32467, p1
The article reports on the doubt on the approval of the deal of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger with Democratic lawmakers to place a package of huge infrastructure bond measures on the November ballot in California. A recent poll showed that all the bond measures may struggle to win approval....
- Deficit Bond Deadline. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/5/2003, Vol. 347 Issue 31775, p1
Reports on the $15 billion deficit bond measure proposed by California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to help cover the state's budget deficit. Previously planned bond issues replaced by the measure; Spending cap proposal accompanying the measure; Reactions of state legislators to the proposal.