- THE TOUGHEST PRODUCTS AROUND. // Fire Engineering;May2008, Vol. 161 Issue 5, p168
The article presents a corporate profile for Pelican, U.S.-based manufacturer of fire fighting equipment and supplies. Its product lines include the Pelican Flashlights with lamps that produces the most intense light and the Pelican Protector Case which protects sensitive equipment from some of...
- Fire extinguishers. Kimber, Robert // Country Journal;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p82
Gives details on fire extinguishers. Classes of fires; Types of extinguishers; Points to consider before buying; Proper use.
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jan1995, Vol. 148 Issue 1, p142
Features several fire fighting vehicles and equipment. Pierce fire trucks built for the Kirby Fire Department in Texas; Seagrave Fire Apparatus fire truck built for the Wallington Fire Department in New Jersey; Chevrolet Suburban incident command unit; Southern Coach fire truck built for the...
- Products--services--media. // Fire Engineering;Jan1995, Vol. 148 Issue 1, p146
Features several fire fighting equipment and supplies. Sharpeye 20/20L UV/IR Flame Detector from Spectrex Inc.; Digital Voice Recorder from Sigtronics; TMX412 Multi-Gas Monitor from Industrial Science Corp.; Omni-4000 Gas Detector from ENMET Corp.; Aluminum Suction Hose Tray and Bracket from...
- Products services media. // Fire Engineering;Aug96, Vol. 149 Issue 8, p143
Features various equipment, supplies and services related to fire fighting. Includes firefighter training system; Fire engine; Sirens; Waterproof and body fluid-proof outerwear; Portable foam unit; Fireboats; Electric nozzle.
- Products, services, media. // Fire Engineering;Feb95, Vol. 148 Issue 2, p69
Presents the features of firefighting equipments in the United States. Includes the large diameter hose handler from Modern Rescue and Safety Equipment Inc; Questar Spotlight from Havis Shields Equipment Corporation; Model 2015 mirror from Velvac Inc; C-130 cutter from American Rescue...
- Products services media. // Fire Engineering;Jul95, Vol. 148 Issue 7, p82
Presents products and services for fire fighting. Gas monitor from CEA Instruments Inc.; Standard Communications Corp.'s portable radio ; Head assembly for dry hydrants from Schlumburger Industries.
- When should you purchase an aerial ladder? Carter, Harry R. // Fire Engineering;Sep95, Vol. 148 Issue 9, p12
Determines the basis for an aerial ladder purchase. Section 540 of the Insurance Services Office (ISO) Fire Suppression Rating Schedule; American Insurance Association (AIA) Bulletins addressing the issue of appropriate ratio of aerial ladders to pumpers; Justification of purchase upon local...
- Apparatus points to ponder. Peters, William C. // Fire Engineering;Sep95, Vol. 148 Issue 9, p22
Presents photographs depicting firefighting apparatus with several points to ponder. Includes a wildland apparatus incident; Tilt-cab configuration apparatus.