- The Kelly Kart: A break-away portable lighting system. Downey, Ray // Fire Engineering;Dec97, Vol. 150 Issue 12, p79
Presents the `Kelly Kart,' a portable lighting system ideal for fire fighting operations. Specifications and features of the product.
- Apparatus Showcase. // Fire Engineering;Oct2006, Vol. 159 Issue 10, p133
The article evaluates several fire extinction products including the SearchcamÂ® breaching system manufactured by Search Systems Inc., the Kwik-Strike 4000â„¢ high-intensity perimeter scene light from Havis-Shields Equipment Corp. and the SentralokÂ® analog master key retention device of...
- APPARATUS & COMPONENTS. // Fire Chief;May2005 Supplement, Vol. 49, p8
The article presents several fire apparatus and components. The 75-foot ladder has the benefits of aluminum and the flexibility of a single rear-axle configuration from Pierce Manufacturing Inc. The 18-inch vehicle-specific Consolidator for Ford E-Series vans is designed to replace the original...
- ARE YOU HAVIS EQUIPPED? // Fire Engineering;May2008, Vol. 161 Issue 5, p154
The article presents a corporate profile for Havis-Shields Equipment Corp., one of the leading U.S. manufacturers of emergency vehicle scene lighting, vehicle communication consoles and computer mounts, and K-9 transport inserts. The company is a family-owned business established in 1928 and is...
- Apparatus Purchasing: A Balance of Dollars and $ense. PETERS, WILLIAM C. // Fire Engineering;Jun2010, Vol. 163 Issue 6, Special section p7
The article offers guidelines when buying fire service apparatus or gears that are affordable. It mentions the increase in prices of many components and materials used for producing service apparatus. It cites boilerplate items that can add to an apparatus' price, including performance bond,...
- Spotlights. // Fire Chief;Aug2008, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p126
The article evaluates the Xenon H.I.D Collins Dynamics Series spotlights from Havis-Shields Equipment Corp.
- NIST Works on Codes for More Ignition-Resistant Residential Structures (with Related Video). Roberts, Mary Rose // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;10/ 4/2011, p1
The article reports that the firebrand generator of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) will be used in a joint, cross-border experiment to assess the vulnerabilities of outdoor deck assemblies during wildfires. It says that the experiment will be performed at the Fire...
- Product & Literature Digest. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Aug2013, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p54
The article offers brief information on the 3,250 kilowatt Series 4000 diesel electric generator from MTU Onsite Energy GmbH and the PROINERT inert gas fire suppression system from Fike Corp.
- The Revolutionary Pump and Generator Combination. // Fire Chief;Aug2005, Vol. 49 Issue 8, Special Section p2
The article presents information about P2, a new fire extinction equipment from W.S. Darley & Co. The equipment features the same fire fighting power as the company's regular portable and skid-mounted pumps and also incorporates a 120-volt alternating current generator. The unique clutching...