Public works into the breach
- The cost of freedom. Manning, Bill // Fire Engineering;Oct99, Vol. 152 Issue 10, p4
Looks at the role of fire departments in facing tactical ultraviolence in the United States. Assertion on the need for fire departments to cooperate with law enforcement, emergency management, hospitals, schools and other service providers to develop response mechanisms to deal with tactical...
- PAYING THE PIPER. Brush, Charles F. // Fire Engineering;Jul2000, Vol. 153 Issue 7, p10
Examines the importance of informing the local community of the fire department's needs to safely, effectively and expeditiously provide emergency services. Need to educate the community regarding the levels and types of services provided; Breaking the negative perceptions of the community on...
- Fireplace fire damages local residence. MURRAH, JULIANNE // Graham Leader;1/19/2014, Vol. 138 Issue 45, p1A
The article reports on the response of Graham Fire Rescue to an emergency call regarding a structure fire located at 730 Plum Street in Young County, Texas.
- Emergency responders train for mass casualties. Korando, Russell // Wentzville Journal;5/15/2013, Vol. 51 Issue 20, pA1
The article reports on the three-day training made by the members of the St. Charles Fire Department, Central County Fire and Rescue, and the Wentzville Fire Protection District, among others at the Ohmes Farms Subdivision in Wentzville, Missouri on the proper tornado response in mid-April 2013.
- BUILDING THE EOC. Ellson, James P. // Fire Engineering;Oct2002, Vol. 155 Issue 10, p57
Provides information on the factors contributed from establishing the fire department EOC emergency management in the U.S. Alertness for the functions of all interagency personnel; Significance of communication and support equipment; Initiation of message flow recording system.
- SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE. // Fire Engineering;Dec2013, Vol. 166 Issue 12, Special section p6
The article offers information on the schedule at the 86th Fire Department Instructors Conference (FDIC) to be held in Indianapolis, Indiana in April 2014.
- SCHEDULE GRID. // Fire Engineering;Dec2013, Vol. 166 Issue 12, Special section p14
The article offers information on schedule of events at the 86th Fire Department Instructors Conference (FDIC) to be held in Indianapolis, Indiana in April 2014.
- Change Is Good. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief;Jan2006, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p6
The article presents the author's predictions and suggestions for the fire service in the United States. She believes that citizen emergency response teams will become more prevalent. Thus, it is important to educate the community regarding emergency management. She adds that global emergency...
- AROUND THE STATE. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p29
This section offers news briefs in Minnesota. The Cloquet Area Fire District placed a new rig, Rescue 1, into service and the unit is the only vehicle of its kind in Carlton County. The Comfrey Fire Department completed the renovation of a 2003 Ford F350 as a Quick Attack/Grass Rig at the cost...