Far and away
- Change Is Good. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief;Jan2006, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p6
The article presents the author's predictions and suggestions for the fire service in the United States. She believes that citizen emergency response teams will become more prevalent. Thus, it is important to educate the community regarding emergency management. She adds that global emergency...
- Fire departments adapting to a changing world. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p4
The article highlights the initiatives of fire departments in Minnesota to meet the demands of the changing world. The collaboration of the Minnesota State Fire Chief Association (MSFCA) fire service organizations is aimed at securing and allocating funds collected in the Fire Safety Account....
- Early Retirement. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief;Aug2004, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p8
Focuses on the changes in the role of fire chief in the U.S. Training in emergency management; Consolidation of fire service at the federal, state, tribal and local levels; Threat to the civil service position with the introduction of the National Incident Response Plan.
- Fire Chief - Visalia, California. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;8/ 1/2012, p1
The article announces that Visalia Fire Department in California is in search for a Fire Chief.
- Fire Chief - Beaver Lake Volunteer Fire Department (Ark.). // Fire Chief Expert Blog;10/19/2012, p2
The article announces that the Beaver Lake Volunteer Fire Department in Arkansas is accepting applications for the position of full-time Fire Chief as of October 2012.
- THE DEPARTMENT OFFICER AS CHANGE AGENT. Buckman, John M. // Fire Engineering;Apr2002, Vol. 155 Issue 4, p10
Provides tips on change implementation dealings of fire department leaders. Reduction of authority; Disruption of established work patterns; Elimination of some securities.
- Fire Service Accreditation, 1710, and Standards of Response. Bruegman, Randy R. // Public Management (00333611);Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p4
Comments on the history of the fire service. System of evaluation needed for fire services; Description of the self-assessment process formed by the International Association of Fire Chiefs; Function of the Commission on Fire Accreditation International; Alternative ways to judge the deployment...
- Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association Executive Director. Brace, Tom // Minnesota Fire Chief;2014 Supplement Conference Program & Directory, p6
The article offers information on the 2015 Minnesota Fire Chiefs Association conference held in Duluth, Minnesota.
- ST. CLOUD FIRE DEPARTMENT WELCOMES YOU TO THE 2014 MSFCA CONFERENCE. Mund, Bill // Minnesota Fire Chief;2014 Supplement Conference Program & Directory, p7
The author welcomes vendors and participants to the Minnesota Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA) Fall Conference held in St. Cloud, Minnesota.