Public Safety Medal of Valor Awarded
- THE SKY ISN'T FALLING... Manning, Bill // Fire Engineering;Jul2004, Vol. 157 Issue 7, p6
Provides insights into reality check concerning the politics of national emergency preparedness and response in the United States. Call for the formation of an elite federal rescue team to be deployed as part of the federal response to major disasters; Need to change the fire service's moral...
- WATCH YOUR BACKS. // Fire Chief;Jun2003, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p48
Discusses vigilance approaches to protect first responders from secondary threats at incident scenes. Need for asymmetric thinking in the face of nontraditional or unexpected sources of threats; Aggressive and passive force protection postures; Integrated Threat Analysis Group concept;...
- Training in Iraq. // Crisis Response Journal;Sep2009, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the training of unpaid volunteer firefighters to prepare them on how to perform rescue operation and to battle fires as part of the programme for the Iraq Civil Defence Directorate in Iraq.
- Thank a Firefighter! Cully, Christine French // Highlights;Oct2014, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p4
The author extends her gratitude to the volunteer firefighters and emergency workers in their community.
- Single-family home destroyed by fire. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/12/2015, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p1
A photograph of a single-family home in Lake Whitney, Texas destroyed by fire on August 8, 2015 is presented.
- Atlanta group studies city's emergency response plan. Rankin, Jennifer // Business Press;02/19/99, Vol. 11 Issue 43, p1
Reports on a study commissioned by the Arlington Fire Department in Arlington, Texas, to examine the city's emergency response system. Aim to determine how the system must grow to accommodate the city's explosive growth; Need to focus more on the medical aspect of the service; Potential systems...
- Big Mac Attack. // Progressive;Feb84, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p12
Reports that civil defense officials in Utica, New York plan to order hamburgers and coffee from carry-out restaurants in the event of nuclear attack to sustain occupants of municipal fall-out shelters.
- Disaster planning audio conference. // Drug Utilization Review;Nov2001, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p81
Announces the availability of a disaster planning audio conference at Saint Vincent's Hospital in New York City on November 14, 2001.
- Exercise Tradewinds 2014 Is Under Way in the Caribbean. Roosevelt, Ann // Defense Daily;6/6/2014, p1
Building and expanding partnerships, the United States, Canada and 11 Caribbean nations are conducting maritime security and disaster response training as part of Exercise TradewindsÂ…