NIOSH approves Scott, Interspiro respirators for use against CBRN
- Conducting a successful SCBA evaluation. Colella, Brian A. // Fire Engineering;Jun95, Vol. 148 Issue 6, p95
Discusses the evaluation of self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) for fire fighters. NFPA 1981 standard; Tests to certify each SCBA; Evaluation committee; Manufacturer's presentation and firefighter training; Collecting the data; Controlled testing; Field testing; Specialized testing;...
- Coping with the loss of air supply in chemical protective... Veasey, Alan // Fire Engineering;Mar1998, Vol. 151 Issue 3, p173
Discusses the use of the totally encapsulating chemical protective (TECP) suit as a component of the Level A ensemble in firefighting. Use of the self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) for breathing air supply; Protective equipment hazards; Concern over the effectiveness of the suit air as...
- USFA and NIST study SCBA thermal performance. // Fire Engineering;Jan2010, Vol. 163 Issue 1, p34
The article reports on the study jointly launched by the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) that would enhance the thermal performance of self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) face pieces to better protect firefighters.
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Feb2008, Vol. 161 Issue 2, p132
The article presents reviews of products relating to the fire fighting trade, including the G460 Gas Detector made by GFG, the Biopak 240 Revolution Closed-Circuit Breathing Apparatus by Scott Health & Safety, and the AEX25 personal search light by AE Light.
- Composite, lightweight cylinder exceeds durability tests. // Offshore;Jul98, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p142
Focuses on Interspiro's development of breathing apparatus for the fire fighting market. Features of version of Spiromatic product; Introduction of emergency breathing systems that reduce carbon dioxide buildup; Contact information.
- How to protect against SCBA failures. Thiel, Adam K. // Fire Engineering;Apr98, Vol. 151 Issue 4, p97
Provides information on how to protect against failure of self-containing breathing apparatus (SCBA). Documented incidents on deaths and injury caused by SCBA failures; Common SCBA failures. INSET: United States fire administration major fire investigation....
- CREATING AN SCBA PACK. McRindle, Scott A. // Fire Engineering;Dec2003, Vol. 156 Issue 12, p24
Offers tips on how firefighters can build an emergence Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) pack. Equipment and supplies required; Removal of the SCBA bottle; Removal of the SCBA shoulder straps from the backpack.
- THE FUNDAMENTALS OF SCBA TRAINING. Fulmer, David B.; Jirka, Glenn P. // Fire Engineering;Aug2004, Vol. 157 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on the importance of self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) as a piece of a firefighter's personal protective equipment in the U.S. Use of SCBA in structural fire fighting; Role of SCBA in confined space, technical rescue, and hazardous-materials incidents; Factors that contribute to...
- Face Piece. // Fire Chief;Aug2008, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p126
The article evaluates the Scott AV-200 face piece from Scott Health & Safety.