EDS explains the data
- Fireworks incidents, 2002. // Fire Chief;Jun2003, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p10
Presents data on fireworks-related incidents in 2002 from information-gathering firm Essential Data Solutions. Fire; False alarm; Good-intent call; Service call; Explosion; Rescue and emergency medical service; Hazardous conditions without fire.
- Get Fire Smart. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;10/5/2009, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p3
The article outlines tips on preventing fires and burns.
- The Five-Minute Fire. Solomon, John // Bowhunter;Oct/Nov2006, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p88
This article describes how to make a fire quickly in the event of an accident.
- Fire In The Hole. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/11/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p12
Reports on a fire in the downtown sewers in Grand Rapids, Michigan in November 2002 which forced the evacuation of office buildings in the area. Areas affected by the fire; Cause of the fire.
- Carbecue! Morris, Paul; Glass, Charles // Skiing;Sep2000, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p62
Reports on the fire accident that happened at the Mountain Green Resort in Killington, Vermont in March 2000.
- Controlled burn gets out of hand. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);2/29/2012, Vol. 139 Issue 9, p3A
The article reports that the fire incident that the northern Burnet County firefighthers were battling for several days which burned 150 acres started in a neighbor's property in the first day was controlled, but the shifting of wind direction caused the smoldering brush to reignite.
- Be vigilant in fire prevention. // Hub (Hay River, NT);4/24/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p4
The author discusses about fire hazards in Hay River, Northwest Territories and asks the residents to be take measure to prevent fire and be safe at home.
- What Will help in Case of Fire? // Weekly Reader - Edition K;Oct2005, Vol. 48, p4
A quiz for children concerning fires is presented.
- emergency, fire. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p750
An encyclopedia entry of the term "fire emergency," which refers to a situation in which fire may cause death or severe injury, is presented.