- Firefighter! // Scholastic News -- Edition 1;Oct2000, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p1
Provides information on how firefighters stay safe when they put out a fire.
- Put Out Those Fires. // Scholastic News -- Edition 1;Oct2002, Vol. 59 Issue 2, following p4
Presents an activity for children about firefighting and firefighters.
- Scab, mercenary, or professional: What type of firefighter are you? Florian, Theodore S. // Fire Engineering;Aug96, Vol. 149 Issue 8, p38
Opinion. Comments on historical concepts that have become unnecessary fire service tradition. People's demand for first-class fire service; Types of firefighters.
- Salvage size-up. Pascocello Jr., Anthony J. // Fire Engineering;Aug96, Vol. 149 Issue 8, p113
Presents a size-up checklist that officers and firefighters can use to plan a salvage strategy that will protect property and save goods. Importance of determining the construction type of a building; Type of occupancy; Importance of wearing protective gears.
- MORE STUFF THAT YOU NEVER DO! Brennan, Tom // Fire Engineering;Aug2002, Vol. 155 Issue 8, p148
Focuses on issues related to fire fighting. Guidelines in removing the pressure reducing valve; Requirements on using an in-line supply lines; Need to leave the structure fire scene without conducting critique.
- Museum Village to honor bravest with Fireman's Appreciation Day. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;06/07/99-06/14/99, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p46
Reports on Museum Village's hosting of a Fireman's Appreciation Day on June 19, 1999, in recognition of the efforts of the local volunteer fire companies around Monroe, New York to contain a fire that struck the village.
- East Bernard firefighters have busy weekend. // East Bernard Express (TX);8/18/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 33, p3
The article focuses on the fire incidents responded by the firefighters of the East Bernard Fire Department in East Bernard, Texas from August 11-14, 2011, which were triggered by the high temperatures and low humidity.
- Volatile chemicals in diesel plant blaze test fire crew. // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);2/18/2011, p6
The article reports that firefighters had a hard time putting out a blaze at the Sil-Die foiling and embossing die factory in Essex, England due to the presence of volatile chemicals including phosphorous and magnesium.
- To be young once, and brave. Gray, Paul; Dawson, Patrick // Time;7/18/1994, Vol. 144 Issue 3, p32
Recounts the death of 14 fire fighters who were trapped by a sudden flareup of the fire they had been fighting on Colorado's Storm King Mountain near Glenwood Springs. Why fire fighters are attracted to their profession; Comments on the work by Charlie Martin of the Wolf Creek Hotshots from...
- Junior Fire Brigade gets off to a hot start, students get hands-on experience. Stacey, Ashley // Eastern Door;7/9/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p23
The article offers on the two-week session of training of the Kahnawake Junior Fire Brigade in Quebec in which students were exposed on safety precaution with the use of fire extinguisher.