On the Road Again
- BRAVO Zulu. // Approach: The Naval Safety Center's Aviation Magazine;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p18
Photographs of several U.S. Air Force including Second Lieutenant Kyle B. Carnahan, Lieutenant Timothy Shilling and First Lieutenant Joshua P. Romeo are presented.
- Supply Chain Visibility: United States Air Force Adapts To War In Afghanistan And Learns Logistics Lessons. Herbert, Adam J. // DISAM Journal of International Security Assistance Management;Fall/Winter2003, Vol. 25 Issue 1/2, p73
Reprints the article 'Supply Chain Visibility: United States Air Force Adapts to War in Afghanistan and Learns Logistics Lessons,' which appeared in the April 2002 issue of 'Armed Forces Journal International.'
- Direct reporting units. // Airman;Jan1999, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p27
Features the direct reporting units of the United States Air Force. Includes the Air Force Communications and Information Center in Washington, D.C.; Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center in New Mexico; Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Personnel facts. // Airman;Jan1999, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p42
Presents personnel data from the United States Air Force, compiled as of fiscal year 1998. Active duty and civilian strength; Marital status; Enlisted and officer strength; Assignments; Commissioning source; Population by gender; Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard Strength; Enlistment...
- USAF clashes with navy, army over roles. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/31/1994, Vol. 141 Issue 18, p25
Discusses the United States Air Force's (USAF) reshuffling of roles and missions. Visibility of Army and Navy systems; Consolidation of space and theater missile defenses (TMD); Effect of the Commission on Roles and Missions on the Air Force.
- DSI Recruiting Special Agents for IMA Program. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Dec2006, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on the recruitment of special agents for the Air Force Reserve's individual mobilization augmentee program of the Office of Special Investigations of the Air Force in the U.S. The accepted applicants will be required to attend several training at Glynco, Georgia. The program...
- Establishing the U.S. Air Force Academy: The Early Years. Meilinger, Phillip S. // Air Power History;Summer2009, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p38
The article presents the historical background of the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado. It mentions the total separation of the Air Force as branch of the U.S. Army on September 18, 1947. In addition, the academy's establishment as well as the presentation of curriculum were...
- Airlift Squadron Retires, May come Back in Alaska. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun2005, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the retirement from service of the U.S. 730th Airlift Squadron unit at March Air Reserve Base in California. Reasons behind the squadron's retirement; Tasks of the unit during its active duty.
- Streamlined. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun2005, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p20
Reports that the Air Force Reserve Command is working with other major commands in an effort to streamline the management of individual mobilization augmentees (IMAs). Administrative reporting rules governing IMAs; Reasons behind the reorganization of the IMA program.