Military co-op offices earn unit medals
- New military gender gap. Landay, Jonathan S. // Christian Science Monitor;12/17/97, Vol. 90 Issue 16, p3
Looks at the report of a panel appointed by US Defense Secretary William Cohen to review gender-integrated training in the United States military in late 1997. Why the panel recommended a return to greater segregation in basic and advanced training; The physical standards for women that the...
- Military Might. Paige, Sean // Insight on the News;06/05/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p10
Focuses on the United States (U.S.) Armed Forces. Views of Defense Secretary William Cohen on the cultural gap between military and the civilians; Threat to the integrity and effectiveness of the military; Information on the study being done by the U.S. Commission on National Security in the...
- SECDEF hosts DSMC professor as keynote speaker, National POW/MIA Recognition Day. JOHNSON, COLLIE J. // Program Manager;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p34
Highlights the ceremony for the National POW/MIA Recognition Day on September 18, 1998 hosted by United States Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen with retired Air Force Colonel Norman A. McDaniel as the keynote speaker. Statements from McDaniel; Information on McDaniel.
- DOD proceeds with total force anthrax vaccination. // Airman;Jul98, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p16
Reports that Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen has directed the military to proceed with the plan to vaccinate all active-duty people and selected reserves in the United States with the Food and Drug Administration-licensed anthrax vaccine. President Bill Clinton's emphasis on the...
- NOTEBOOK. // New Republic;06/29/98, Vol. 218 Issue 26, p10
Comments on politics-related issues in the U.S. as of June 1998. Decision of Defense Secretary William Cohen to continue gender-integrated basic training and mixed-sex living quarters in the Armed Forces; Consequence of Cohen's decision; Credit lines for a cover illustration of "Newsweek" magazine.
- ROA Capitol Hill update. James, Michael E. // Officer;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p10
Reports on developments concerning military reserves in the United States as of January 2000. Includes US Defense Secretary William Cohen decision not to cut the number of Army reserves; Selection of Wilfred Hessert as the military executive of the US Reserve Forces Policy Board; Resignation of...
- ROA Writes Cohen About His Remarks on Reserve Forces. // Officer;Dec98, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p7
Presents an excerpt of a letter from the United States national Reserve Officers Association (ROA) President Colonel Jim Rebholz to Secretary of Defense William A. Cohen. Emphasis on the comments from Cohen regarding the Executive Government magazine article `Defending Defense'; Response of...
- COLOR-BLINDED. Loury, Glenn C. // New Republic;08/17/98-08/24/98, Vol. 219 Issue 7/8, p12
Presents views on the importance of considering social identities in enacting government policies in the U.S. Role of procedural fairness in the attainment of substantive justice in a racially divided democracy; Distinction between procedure and substance; Views of Defense Secretary William S....
- Washington report. // Army Magazine;Sep98, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p8
Reports on United States Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen's meeting with 82nd Airborne Division soldiers as they served with the Multinational Force and Observers (MFO) on the Sinai Peninsula of Egypt. Brief history of the MFO; Responsibilities of MFO peacekeepers.