Peterson woman qualifies for Triathlon Championship
- Triathlon planned. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/3/95, Vol. 42 Issue 27, p31
Reports on plans of the town of Hempstead in Long Island, New York to sponsor a triathlon on September 9, 1995. Features of the event.
- Escape from Alcatraz. Kelly, Christopher // Swim Magazine;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p28
Reports on the 1994 Escape from Alcatraz triathlon event sponsored by the Dolphin Club in San Francisco, California. Features of three legs of the race; Author's experiences with the race.
- How it's done. // Women's Sports & Fitness;Jun85, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p33
First you have to swim 2.4 miles, then ride a bike 112 miles, then run 26.2 miles for the rough ultra-distance Bud Light Hawaii--an Ironman World Championship. Article explores the benefits of training, how to get started, and how to prepare for the big day.
- A little help from my friends. Sheehan, G. // Runner's World;Sep88, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p14
Personal account of author's participation in New Jersey's Sandy Hook Triathlon. The competition took on new meaning when just prior to the event, the author not only severely strained a calf muscle, he was also diagnosed with cancer. Through much help and support of friends, author entered...
- Off & running. Hogan, C.L. // Runner's World;May89, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p46
Describes the Bud Light Ironman Triathlon World Championship which has been held annually since 1978 in Hawaii. Reasons for popularity of Ironman and triathlons; Past and current winners of the Ironman Triathlon World Championship. INSET: Iron age(Highlights ten-year history of the...
- Ironmania. Delhagen, K. // Runner's World;May89, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p54
Describes author's experiences as she prepared for and competed in the 1988 Bud Light Ironman Triathlon World Championship held in Hawaii. Rigors of cross-training for the triathlon; Details of the actual Ironman Triathlon; Postrace reflections.
- Real-life experiments. Delhagen, K. // Runner's World;May89, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p62
Outlines conclusions of the Labman research team, a group that has been studying Ironman participants for five years. Research has uncovered physiological and nutritional information on cross-training, proper recovery and racing at peak level; Training profile of Ironman participants; Heart-rate...
- Triathlon tricks. Othersen, Megan // Runner's World;Jun93, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p36
Presents a few tricks of the triathloning trade, designed to prevent disaster. Wear contacts under goggles for the swim; Start at the back or to the side of the swim pack; Wear a wet suit if possible; Plan to compete in your swimsuit throughout the race; Note where you rack your bike; Pack...
- Iron kids. // National Geographic World;May91, Issue 189, p26
Reports on the Rainbo Bread Iron Kids Triathlon National Championships, a series of triathlon events for children. Begun in 1985 to promote exercise and good nutrition; Regional preliminaries held in seventeen cities; 1991 national championship to be held in San Antonio, Tex.