Air Force delivers relief supplies to Papua New Guinea
- Faith, Hope and Charity. Fiori, Pamela // Town & Country;Jun2005, Vol. 159 Issue 5301, p174
Presents an article about the relief operations launched by the United Nations Children's Fund for the victims of tsunami in Sri Lanka.
- AFTER THE TSUNAMI: THE POLITICS OF INTERNATIONAL RELIEF. Suter, Keith // Contemporary Review;Mar2005, Vol. 286 Issue 1670, p135
Examines four aspects of the international relief effort during the tsunami in South Asia. Review of the region's main military trouble spots; Impact of the disaster in Aceh, Indonesia; Support extended by the United Nations to the countries affected by the tsunami.
- How the Cochrane Collaboration Is Responding to the Asian Tsunami. Tharyan, Prathap; Clarke, Mike; Green, Sally // PLoS Medicine;Jun2005, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p0483
Discusses how the international organization Cochrane Collaboration is responding to the Asian tsunami in December 2004. Casualties from the tsunami; Countries affected by the tsunami that qualified for free access to the Cochrane Library; Aim of debriefing during traumatic events.
- Bringing order from chaos. Gibson, Marion // Adults Learning;Mar2006, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p15
The article presents the experience of the author in helping people affected by the tsunami in Thailand in December 2004. In January 2005, he was asked by the Red Cross to go to Thailand to assist the British Embassy in supporting the many British nationals who had been bereaved or injured in...
- ALL SHOOK UP. // Current Events;10/19/2009, Vol. 109 Issue 6, p3
The article reports on the impact of the two earthquakes on the lives of Indonesians which hit on September 30, 2009 in Padang, Indonesia. It states that the magnitude 8 earthquake has spawned a tsunami that washed away the entire villages in Samoa. Meanwhile, the magnitude 6.8 quake caused a...
- AITAPE TSUNAMI. Quanchi, Max // Atlas of the Pacific Islands;2002, p30
This article presents the impact of a tsunami on the north coast of Papua New Guinea on July 17, 1998. The tsunami was triggered by an undersea earthquake measuring 7.0 on the Richter scale. Seven villages near the town of Aitape were destroyed and at least 2,200 people were killed. Relief...
- After the apocalypse. Toohey, Paul // Bulletin with Newsweek;1/18/2005, Vol. 123 Issue 6453, p10
The article focuses on tsunami crisis. Last week, 11 days after the tsunami struck, four Australian Iroquois helicopters finally arrived in Banda Aceh, destroyed capital of Indonesia's most westerly province. The Indonesian military has been of little help to these people. It appears stunned...
- After the flood. Schindele, Hanno // Adults Learning;Mar2006, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p12
The article details the response of the Institute for International Cooperation of the German Adult Education Association and its partners to the tsunami disaster in 2004. At the end of 2004, the association's main partner in Asia, the Asian South Pacific Bureau of Adult Education , reacted...
- East Asia & Pacific. // New Internationalist;Dec2005, p4
The article presents news briefs related to several political and social conditions of the East Asian and Pacific countries in 2005. Despite the calls for a boycott in protest at the military regime, Burma organized the World Buddhist Summit in Rangoon. According to a report, four times as many...