Aircrews set record
- C-130 COUNTRY. // Airman;Dec2012, p1
The article focuses on the C-130 Hercules aircrew's from 774th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron (EAS) with two important missions such as airdrops, and aeromedical evacuations, along with the statement of EAS's Lieutenant Colonel Brian Watkins on the impact of the mission to U.S. and Afghanistan.
- DIVERT! Currie, Kevin // Flying Safety;Jul2004, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p10
Shares an aircrew's experiences of diverting a flight. Practices of aircrews before departing the field on questionable weather days; Challenges faced by the aircrews of different aircrafts that are operating from the same air base; Conflicts experienced by pilots in making their approach to...
- COMPLACENCY THE OTHER SILENT KILLER. Kerr, John // Flying Safety;Jul2004, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p12
Recounts the flight experiences of a pilot from Little Rock Air Force Base in Arkansas. Condition of the weather during the flight; Factors which led to the decision of the aircrew to take a simple visual approach; Outcome of the runway incursion.
- C-130 Crew Survives Wind Shear. // Air Safety Week;6/8/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p9
The article reports the efforts of the crew members of a U.S. Air Force Lockheed Martin C-130 Hercules transport plane, to save the aircraft and its passengers by applying emergency procedures after encountering unforeseen wind shear on May 20, 2009 in Southwest Asia. The 737th Expeditionary...
- KC-10 Aircrews Implement Electronic Training Tracking System. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Feb2016, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p7
The article reports on the preparation of the aircrew members of the KC-10 Extender aerial refueling tanker aircraft assigned to the 78th Air Refueling Squadron at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurs in New Jersey to switch to an electronic training tracking system.
- Live Action Remains Key Element In Air Force RPA Training. Croft, John // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/1/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 42, p1
The article focuses on the training program launched by the U.S. Air Force for air crew for the MQ-1 Predator and MQ-9 Reaper remotely piloted aircrafts (RPA) at Holloman Air Force Base as of 2014. Topics include the students spending about half of their time in Link L-3-built mission aircrew...
- Boeing Opens Second F-15E Mission Training Center. // Air Safety Week;1/21/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the opening of the new F-15E Mission Training Center (MTC) of Boeing at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base (AFB) in North Carolina. The center provides aircrews with high-fidelity, simulator-based training without the material and personnel costs associated with training on...
- Arriving at an airdrop zone near you. // Engineer (00137758);10/2/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 7709, p7
No abstract available.
- Right on Track. Ritchie, Jody L. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Feb2010, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p22
The article reports on the participation of the 302nd Airlift Wing at Peterson Air Force Base in a prototype airdrop held in Colorado in support of an Air Force Academy research project called the Airdrop Enhanced Logistics Visibility Systems. Sponsored by the academy's Institute for Information...