- Temporary public eating places: Food safety knowledge, attitudes and practices. Manning, Carolyn K.; Snider, O. Sue // Journal of Environmental Health;Jul/Aug1993, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p24
Assesses the food safety attitudes, knowledge and practices of food service workers in temporary eating places in Delaware with the use of a questionnaire and an observation checklist. Personal hygiene; Attitudes to cooling/reheating, temperature control and cross contamination; Availability of...
- Common sense practices to prevent: Slips, trips & falls. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;1/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p150
Presents tips on preventing accidents in foodservice establishments. Three types of surface; Grease slips; Daily reinforcement; State of the health of the individuals. INSETS: 6 ladder safety tips.;Unseen hazards: What to look for..
- Attn: School foodservice directors and other commodity purchasers. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;10/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p108
Presents information on food safety. Salmon purchases by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA); Packaging of ham by the USDA; Recall of uncooked or frozen beef patties by Hudson Food Products; Public concern of food safety; Other information.
- Industry calls for safer handling. Liebeck, Laura // Discount Store News;9/1/97, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p33
Shares the launching of a broad-based public education campaign on food safety aimed at consumers led by the Partnership for Food Safety Education in September 1997 in United States. Basic food safety steps; Largest ground beef recall; Information about the Hazard Analysis Critical Control...
- Educational Foundation and HTV to host Food Safety Summit. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/28/95, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p50
Reports on the `Food Safety Summit,' a televised panel discussion for the foodservice industry in the United States. Sponsors; Panelists; Topics for discussion; Comments from Kyle Marie Gould, manager of technical education and food safety for The Educational Foundation; Broadcast schedule.
- Cleaning & sanitizing. Hernandez, Jorge // Food Management;Jan2000, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p80
Focuses on the proper cleaning and sanitizing of facilities and equipment of food service establishments. Development, implementation and verification of a Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point system; Process of cleaning and sanitizing food-contact items; Identification of cleaning and...
- A CLOSER LOOK. Collison, Clarence // Bee Culture;Sep2009, Vol. 137 Issue 9, p13
The article focuses on the role of undertaker bees in the fitness of colonies. It mentions that undertaker bees specialize in the removal of the dead or necrophoresis from the interior of the colony. It notes that the undertaking behavior among bees is one of several different mechanisms that...
- FOOD PLANT & STORED PRODUCT PESTS. Bello, Paul J. // Pest Management Professional;Sep2012, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p99
The article offers the do's and don'ts related to treating and inspecting facilities which sheltered food plant and stored product pests including the knowledge on food plant facility, familiarization with the common pests, and consumer education on proper sanitation.
- Cooling Soup: Not As Simple As You Think. // Good Housekeeping;Nov2011, Vol. 252 Issue 11, p124
The article offers instruction on how to cool soup so that it does not grow harmful bacteria in the refrigerator.