The $ & ... of foodcourts
- NEW LOOK, KEENER FOCUS. Anderson, William D. // FoodService Director;6/15/2015, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p06
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses various reports within the issue on topics including food service management, the cost cutting strategies that can be implemented by the food service industry and the industry contributions of food service directors.
- The Importance of Order Guides in Food and Beverage Operations. Arcuri, Amy // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Feb/Mar2006, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p140
Stresses the importance of a good order guide to keeping costs under the control in the food and beverage business. Benefits of using a food and beverage order guide; Way to minimize the costs in implementing the substitutions practice in ordering inventory; Key to a useful order guide.
- You can't manage what you can't see. Schwartz, Bill // Casino Journal;Sep2012, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p16
The article offers tips for improving cost control in food and beverage departments in casinos. The author suggests that kitchen manager must determine the things that are dumped into the drain which can be still be useful. He highlights the importance of utilizing clear Lexan bins in the...
- AMTROL IN WEST WARWICK: Rhode Island plant streamlines f/s for low-cost, high-quality. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p50
Provides information on the strategies used by Ron Boyle, the food service director at Amtrol Inc. in West Warwick, Rhode Island, to reduce operations cost. Budget strategy; Savings on paper plates; Cost of foods served by the company.
- TIPS FROM A VETERAN OPERATOR: Managing foodservice in a slowing economy. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p124
Suggests productive and counter-productive ways to streamline a food service operation and adopt to changed, less favorable circumstances as the economy slows. Effect of revenues on the entire cost structure; Quality of the services offered; Examination of food costs; How to control labor and...
- TIME & COST SAVINGS. // Food Management;Jul2008 Operational Solutions, p18
The article offers tips on how to save time and cost in buffet service. These opportunities to look for include explaining to customers directly the length of the service, customizing purchased items to give them a homemade look without the extra labor, and setting up a Viennese dessert buffet...
- Good Eats Menu Planning. Williams, Erin Zimniewicz // Massage Magazine;Jun2010, Issue 169, p88
The article reports on the importance of menu planning in order to have a healthy eating habits. A menu planning is important because it ensures all food groups needed to be eaten everyday and also helps achieve a balanced meal. It is also advised to use menu plans seasonally to help reduce cost...
- trendwatch. // FoodService Director;10/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p6
The article presents statistics the methods used by school foodservice operations to control costs which include menu substitutions, decreasing labor and cutting travel.
- KONAKLAMA Ä°ÅžLETMELERÄ°NDE YÄ°YECEK - Ä°Ã‡ECEK MALÄ°YET ANALÄ°ZÄ°. Erdınç, Saliha Başak // Suleyman Demirel University Journal of Faculty of Economics & Ad;2009, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p313
One of the most important revenue items is food & beverage revenue in the hospitality managements. All - inclucives System is became diffused and is multiplied to feel the need for cost control methods to cost prediction, cost finding and cost control. In this study is give place to literature...