- Toll-free hot line. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p146
Offers information on the toll-free telephone lines of various food manufacturers in the United States as of February 1997. Includes Uncel Ben's Harvest Vegetable Pilaf; Tyson's 4-Ounce Signature Specialties; Casa Di Bertacchi Corp. Casa's gourmet ravioli.
- Toll-free hot line. // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p151
Presents information on various food products, includingtoll-free hot line numbers. Fast Choice Deli Sandwiches from Hudson Specialty Foods; Fruit Spreads from Knotts's Berry Farm; Literature on the use of specialty sugars from the California nd Hawaiian Sugar Company.
- dial a dietitian. Lofshult, Diane // IDEA Fitness Journal;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p111
The article provides information on the (800) 843-8114 toll-free hotline offered by the American Institute for Cancer Research (AICR) to consumers who are dealing with the effects of cancer treatment. The AICR are encouraging cancer patients to call the hotline and leave a message for a...
- New 888 toll-free numbers change telecom industry. Kagan, Jeffrey // New Hampshire Business Review;4/26/96, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p25
Reports on the selection of 888 as the other toll-free exchange number besides 800 by the US Federal Communications Commission. Placing of the replicated vanity 888 numbers in a temporarily unavailable status; Comparison of the 888 toll-free number with the 800.
- Do 800 numbers pay off? // PHC Profit Report;1/15/95, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p3
Discusses the efficiency of 800 numbers. Preference of service contractors for remote call forwarding network; 1994 study by MATRIXX Marketing on consumers' favorable response to 800 numbers; Effect of income on using 800 numbers; Percentage of misdials on the use of letter `o' in 800 numbers.
- Tip of the week. // PHC Profit Report;7/15/95, Vol. 3 Issue 14, p6
Gives tips on using toll-free numbers that spell out a word. Plan to add an 888 toll-free number.
- CONUS toll free telephone number for Bayonne, NJ, Vehicle Processing Center. // Translog;Jul92, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p11
Introduces the Bayonne, New Jersey-based Military Ocean Terminal (MOT) Vehicle Processing Center's (VPC's) CONUS toll free telephone number.
- Tragedy heightens 888 awareness. Pappalardo, Denise // Telephony;7/29/96, Vol. 231 Issue 5, p7
Relates how the airline crash off the coast of Long Island, New York provided a venue to increase the level of awareness of citizens about the 888 prefix numbers. Use of the toll-free number to gather account of witnesses about the airplane crash; Public education through the disaster.
- A toll-free three-peat. // Telephony;04/07/97, Vol. 232 Issue 14, p18
Reports on the creation of toll-free prefix 877 in the United States on April 4, 1998. Committees of the Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions' review of plans for software and other changes to the public network.