Fresh fruit salads
- NEW TWISTS ON: FRUIT SALAD FAVORITES. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p90
Focuses on the varieties of fruit salads served in foodservice operations in the United States. Presentations by which fruit salads are served; Types of fruits used; Ingredients of salad dressings.
- Seasonal ingredients inspire, challenge corporate chefs. Kruse, Nancy // Nation's Restaurant News;3/7/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p42
The article discusses the changes that are taking place in the food service industry that every corporate chef in the industry will feel its impact. The signs of a change are everywhere. Late last year Cracker Barrel introduced the first in a series of seasonal menus and more recently Wendy's...
- Just the Basics. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;3/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p42
The article offers information on the salads prepared by Sodexo Corporate Services Development Chef Chuck Hatfield in the U.S. He introduced "Salad Basins," which refer to smaller, low-cost salad cups for value-conscious customers. Hatfield notes that entrï¿½e salads continue to grow in...
- Salad Action. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;4/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p46
The article offers information on salads. Ingredients of salads may now include any vegetable, fruit, grain or protein, chopped, sliced, diced, julienned or grilled, offered hot or cold. Salads retain their good-for-you reputation since they contain cheeses, croutons and dressings that add...
- Reinventing the Elementary School Meal. // Food Management;Aug2014, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p14
The article offers information on the special school meal program developed by Pomptonian Food Service for the Ridgewood School District, New Jersey. Pomptonian brought several menu options including chopped salads, sandwiches made with Boar's head products, cage-free, all natural chicken items,...
- Fruit Salads 2.0. Parseghian, Pamela // FoodService Director;8/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p66
The article offers a look at innovative fruit salad ideas in the U.S. food service sector. A traditional Greek combination of watermelon and feta cheese is offered at Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach, California by Executive Chef Sam Sellona. Angelo Spilios of Flik Independent School Dining...
- MATTHEW'S A gourmet CRICKETER. Northwood, Barbara // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);2/14/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p61
Presents several recipes, including the Avocado and Mango Salad.
- culture club. Farrell-Kingsley, Kathy // Vegetarian Times;Mar2005, Issue 329, p37
Presents several salad recipes, including Waldorf Salad.
- tropical fruit salad with yoghurt & mint sugar. Oliver, Jamie // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);1/29/2007, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p52
A recipe for tropical fruit salad with yoghurt and mint sugar is presented.