Managing a turnaround
- Vanderbilt Goes Bananas. // Food Management;Nov2004, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p20
The article focuses on a tropical theme station at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, which offers eclectic fare. A computerized monkey screaming jungle sounds is the first thing one notices about Rotiki, the newest proprietary branded concept on the Nashville campus of Vanderbilt...
- trendwatch. // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p6
The article presents an update on the food service industry in the U.S. as of February 15, 2007. There is a 3.1% increase in food purchases at all colleges and universities participating in the College Census of the periodical "Food Service Director." College administrators intend to choose a...
- Tufts Take-Away To Die For. King, Paul // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p54
This article focuses on the to-go program of Tufts University. This program is part of the university's Dining Services program. At Tufts University, the idea of take-away has almost become an art form, since the opening of Hodgdon Good-To-Go in 2007. Located in 53-year-old Hodgdon Hall,...
- SERVING UP SUCCESS. Goral, Tim // University Business;Nov2003, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p52
Offers advice on enhancing the food service program in the university. Importance of understanding the unique traits of the demographic groups on campus; Challenge facing food service providers; Remarks from Tom Saine of Aramark on food service management. INSET: What's Cookin'?.
- Cash-op gains at Purdue U. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p68
Discusses efforts to widen the use of debit cards in conjunction with the expansion of catering services at the Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana. Impetus for the move; Projected growth of catering revenues as a result of the expansion; Improvements in on-campus, dining services;...
- Dining at Vanderbilt. // Food Management;Oct2009, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p23
The article offers information on the dining areas at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. One of which is the Commons Dining Centers located in the Commons Center and designed to entice communal dining. Another one is the Rand Dining Hall, the center for dining for decades and has...
- Why Dining at Vandy Is Dandy. Buzalka, Michael // Food Management;Oct2009, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p20
The article focuses on the customized dining program offered at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. The plan was introduced by former dining director Frank Gladu and currently assistant vice chancellor for business services, where it required freshmen to dine on campus. Meanwhile,...
- Vanderbilt University unveils 2 avenues marketplace. // Food Management;Dec97, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p20
No abstract available.
- Vanderbilt courts college students with `Two Avenues' dining facility. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;09/29/97, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p45
Features the food court-type dining facility at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. Student expenditures in the multiunit eatery during the first ten days of the semester; Responding to changes in students' taste profiles.