ASFSA boosts farm & school link
- Self-efficacy and Norm Measures for Lunch Fruit and Vegetable Consumption are Reliable and Valid Among Fifth Grade Students. Thompson, Victoria J.; Bachman, Christine M.; Baranowski, Tom; Cullen, Karen Weber // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p2
Objective: To determine the reliability and validity of a questionnaire measuring fruit and vegetable (FV) self-efficacy and social norms during school lunch among 5th graders. Design: In this cross-sectional study, students completed lunch food records and a psychosocial questionnaire measuring...
- Tropical Fruit Salad. Helton, David // Children's Playmate Magazine;Jun96, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p18
Presents a recipe for Tropical Fruit Salad from the School Lunch Challenge II, the 1995 ACF National Championship.
- Proclamation 7038--National School Lunch Week, 1997. Clinton, Bill // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/13/97, Vol. 33 Issue 41, p1546
Presents the Proclamation 7038 made by the United States President Bill Clinton on October 10, 1997 designating October 12 to October 18, 1997 as the National Lunch Week. Importance of the National School Lunch Program and its contributions to the health and well-being of America's...
- Add produce to your life. // Consumer Reports on Health;Mar97, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p29
Suggests an easy method to comply with recommended 5 to 9 daily servings of fruits and vegetables.
- Ask Sam. CASSETTY, SAMANTHA B. // Good Housekeeping;Sep2013, Vol. 257 Issue 3, p77
The article presents an answer to the question on consuming fruits instead of vegetables.
- Changing Your Health Destiny. ROBERTS-GREY, GINA // Essence (Time Inc.);Jun2012, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p109
The article presents several health tips to curtail hereditary diseases like cancer and heart disease. To keep cholesterol and blood pressure down, opting for fruits and vegetables is recommended instead of baked and fried foods. Maintaining regular exercise habits and quitting smoking are...
- Is seven a day the new five for fruit and veg? Wilson, Clare // New Scientist;4/5/2014, Vol. 221 Issue 2963, p12
The article discusses a 2014 study in the "Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health" by Oyinlola Oyebode of University College, London in England, and colleagues that found people who ate seven or more portions of fruit and vegetables daily had a lower risk of death than those who ate one.
- Fruit and vegetables as adolescent food choices in New Zealand. Hill, L; Casswell, S; Maskill, C; Jones, S; Wyllie, A // Health Promotion International;Mar1998, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p55
Examines the interaction between New Zealand teenagers and the parent responsible for food purchasing to identify factors affecting teenager's consumption of and attitudes towards fruit and vegetables. Analysis of interviews; Provision of positive health messages; Marketing implications.
- FRESH CHANGE FOR 5+ A DAY CHALLENGE. // FMCG;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p8
The article reports that the month-long 5+ A Day annual promotion is being moved from November 2013 to February 2014, and will start on February 1, 2014, encouraging New Zealanders to add an extra serving of fruits and vegetables to their daily diet to improve their wellbeing.