Cafeteria checks avg. $2.54
- OPERATIONS: Cost reduction, wider variety drive decisions. // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p52
Focuses on the efforts of hospital food service administrators to reduce the cost of operations. Selections of menu for patients; Popularity of pre-selected meals among patients; Food offerings of hospitals.
- MASS. HOSP. SETS UP ROOM SVC. // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p6
Focuses on the benefits of the implementation of room service at the Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield, Massachusetts. Reaction of patients to the service; Menus offered to patients; Schedule of the room service; Cost-effectiveness of the service.
- Contract feeders take hit on B&I traffic, food costs. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;6/30/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 26, p104
The article reports on trends relevant to contract feeders in food service in the U.S. as of June 2008. Contract feeders in the corporate dining arena have been particularly hard hit in 2007 suffering notable declines in lunch participation as costs have escalated. Contractors serving health...
- Cost of Doing Business. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p38
The article discusses the business structure at Overlook Hospital in Summit, New Jersey headed by Michael Atanasio, its manager of food and nutrition services. Information on the hospital's three-tiered system of serving meals is discussed. It also states several strategies to reduce catering...
- A pre- and post-intervention study of infection control in equine hospitals in Sweden. Bergström, Karin; Grönlund, Ulrika // Acta Veterinaria Scandinavica;2014, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p1
Background Detection of nosocomial methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections in horses in Sweden has increased attention on infection control (IC) in equine hospitals. This study established baseline data on IC programmes within such settings, evaluated compliance with some IC...
- Regional favorites win sales. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on some of the most popular meats which are chosen to prepare breakfasts in the United States, highlighting the breakfasts prepared at the Providence Health Center, Waco, Texas. Reference to the burritos which are made at the facility; Costs of the burritos; Information on...
- IN LONG BEACH, CA: Hospital dishes lighten up for summertime. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the changes in the Seaside Cafe menu at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in California to capitalize on customers who want lighter cold dishes and thirst-quenching beverages. Bottled beverages offered at the Cafe; Percentage of increase in beverage sales.
- Hospitals feeding patients healthier meals. // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p5
Reveals that hospitals in the United States are offering healthier meals based on a survey by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- Hospitals should know better. Liebman, Bonnie // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar97, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p6
Presents the nutritional content of the meals served in hospitals. Caloric content; Average amount of cholesterol; Average amount of fiber.