NY Hospital launches same-day menu selects
- Seeking to reduce special diet numbers. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;2/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p12s
Reports on the reduction of special hospital patient menus by reducing fat, calories, sodium, and cholesterol contents in basic recipes in the United States. Nutritional information printed together with hospital menus; Descriptions of recipe; Modification of recipes to satisfy costumers and...
- PRESSURE COOKER of an issue: control of food service. Andrews, John // Materials Management in Health Care;Apr2001, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p27
Examines the increasing involvement of materials managers in the food service operations of hospitals in the United States. Arguments against the assumption of food service control by materials managers; Functions of food service managers; Questions to consider before considering reassignments;...
- The Future of Hospital Foodservice. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jan2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p8
Comments on issues concerning the hospital foodservice in the United States. Characteristic of healthcare foodservice profession; Challenges faced by the industry; Insights on foodservice management of Carol Sherman at Mount Sinai/NYU Health System.
- Healthcare FSDs Play a Key Role in Their Institution's Public Relations. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jul2001, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p8
Discusses the impact of hospital food service departments on the food service management industry. Public relations issue resulting from the creation of larger hospital networks; Perception of hospitals as big businesses dominated by profit pressures; Need for dieticians to effectively...
- Adding Revenue Streams. // FoodService Director;7/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p16
The article focuses on the initiative of the foodservice department at St. Mary's Regional Medical Center in Lewiston, Maine in turning to take-home meals for an additional revenue stream.
- Competing for dollars': Abbott Northwestern Hosp. measures profit-contribution. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p88
Focuses on the food service operation in the Abbott Northwestern Hospital cafeteria. Hospital's cafeteria's goal for 1997; Emphasis on retail marketing matrix system to become more competitive; Analysis on product preferences of the consumer.
- Institutional malnutrition. Bender, A.E. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);1/14/1984, Vol. 288 Issue 6411, p92
Discusses the concern for the management of food service in hospitals. Assessment on the nutritional need of patients; Role of doctors in securing the dietary condition of patients; Recommendations on the improvement of the facilities.
- Food at Chicago-area hospital comes clean. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;05/01/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p44
Offers a look at the food facility of Hindsale Hospital in Chicago, Illinois. Foods served at the hospital cafeteria; Focus of the cafeteria for vegetarian foods; Reason of the cafeteria for serving vegetarian foods.
- Micromarkets Fill Service Gap for Hospital. // Food Management;May2014, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p14
The article reports on the use of Florida Hospital of the micromarket concept to promote healthier dining choices in its secured access locations.