Coffee, gift shop, take-home stirring up new business
- EARTH DAY DEBUT: New Toyota cafe goes 'green'. // FoodService Director;5/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the South Side Cafe, an employee cafeteria launched by Toyota Motor Sales USA campus in Torrance, California. Features; Dishes served.
- Toyota to sell U.S. forklifts. // Automotive News;12/26/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5584, p15
Reports on the plans of Toyota Motor Sales USA Inc.'s Toyota Industrial Equipment division to begin marketing nine new Class 5 pneumatic trucks built by Taylor Machine Works Inc.
- Toyota promotes exec. // Automotive News;12/26/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5584, p27
Reports on the promotion of new executives at Toyota Motor Sales USA. J. Davis Illingworth as the head of its Toyota division; James Group to senior vice presidency of corporate planning; James Lacy to vice presidency of human resources.
- Two Toyota units merge. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;8/14/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5618, p2
Reports on Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A.'s merger with its subsidiary Toyota Motor Distributors.
- Toyota sees 150,000 more sales by 2000. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;1/15/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5641, p3
Reports on a sales increase forecast for Toyota Motor Sales USA Inc. for 1996. Projected number of units to be sold; Expectations of a flat American car industry through 2000; Moves to boost the company's North American market share.
- Toyota Motor Sales revises external affairs organization. // Automotive News;4/19/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5495, p36
Reports on Toyota Motors Sales U.S.A. Inc.'s reorganization ot its external affairs operation. Executive appointments; Creation of a corporate communications and philosophy department; Creation of a dealer and associate communications department.
- Toyota re-ups. // AutoWeek;9/4/95, Vol. 45 Issue 36, p59
Reports on Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A.'s extension of its sponsorship contract with Long Beach Grand Prix for five years.
- Texas accuses Toyota of lemon laundering. Harris, Donna Lawrence // Automotive News;9/23/1996, Vol. 71 Issue 5679, p4
Reports on the Texas Motor Vehicle Division's accusation against Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc.'s alleged lemon laundering. Calls for the revocation of Toyota's license in the state; Toyota's statement on the accusation.
- Toyota ads keep tagline. Connelly, Mary // Automotive News;10/11/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5521, p2
Reports on Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A.'s retention of its advertising theme line `I Love What You Do For Me, Toyota'. High consumer awareness; Stress on overall ownership costs; Study of the concept of televised automotive home shopping networks.