Student forum pushes change
- in brief. // Food Management;Sep2008, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p22
The article offers news briefs related to the food service in the U.S. The University of Florida opened its campus for Moe's Southwest Grill and Chili's Too commercial outlet chains. The Disneyland Resort has closed its three onsite food outlets that serve McDonald's branded menu items for their...
- Back to the Future? Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;5/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p44
The article reports on the food service-related changes implemented at Hampden-Sydney College in Hampden-Sydney, Virginia to better suit its singular population. Among the changes being implemented by food service contractor Aramark Corp. are the introduction of an open-kitchen concept, improved...
- inbrief. // Food Management;Aug2007, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p22
The article offers news briefs related to nutrition education programs of schools in the U.S. The University of Tennessee agreed to a five-year contract deal with Sodexho to manage the operations of its athletic venues beginning 2007. The University of Michigan-Dearborn introduced a series of...
- WITH NEW ARAMARK PROGRAM: CAMPUS FOOD GETS REAL. // FoodService Director;1/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p9
Deals with the Real Food on Campus program of food service company Aramark. Demands of college students for cafeteria food; Options offered in the program; Elements of the brand.
- Culinary clubs sprout up on campuses. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p23
Focuses on culinary clubs in the United States wherein campus foodservice departments are partnering with students to explore food-related issues. Information on an international culinary club at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana; Benefits that students can gain from the clubs; Details...
- Healthy Meals on the Run. // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p34
The article offers information about the Uncommon retail outlet put up by Yale University Dining Services, which won the Best Convenience Retail Concept award.
- Ivy League 'meal plans' are a hideous waste of food and money. Wilson, Bee // New Statesman;8/12/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4600, p40
Comments on the food service and meal plans at U.S. colleges and universities. Cost of enrollment at an Ivy League university; Costs of college meals; Aim for implementing the meal plans; Wastage of food and money resulting from implementation of meal plans.
- Step into the Power House. // Food Management;Jul2006, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p17
The article reports that the University of Southern Mississippi opened its first full-service school dining venue, a 200-seat restaurant called the Power House. It mentions that it was financed through a two-million dollar investment from Aramark Corporation, the university campus dining service...
- Nutritious Choice Alliance. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;8/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p60
The article reports on the expansion of Aramark's salad portfolio with the opening of Salad Creations, a restaurant chain at the Florida State University in Tallahassee and the University of Florida in Gainesville.