Import duties hit salmon
- COMMON FUTURE, DIFFERENT POLICY PATHS?: Managing the Escape of Farmed Atlantic Salmon in British Columbia and Washington State. Pechlaner, Gabriela; Rutherford, Murray B. // BC Studies;Summer2006, Issue 150, p43
The article compares the policies of British Columbia and Washington regarding escaped Atlantic salmon. Parallel pressures and cross border learning have significant effects on the convergence of the policy in British Columbia and Washington. Regulatory policy for the aquaculture industry has...
- Fishy price. // South Asian Post;5/12/2011, p21
The article reports on the price of a 55-centimeter red dragon fish at a shop in Chengdu, China.
- Fish prices leap in wake of strike. // Penang Economic Monthly;Jul2011, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p7
The article reports on the increase in the prices of fish in Penang by 15% following a strike by trawler operators protesting the federal government's decision to reduce its diesel subsidy.
- VAT: scaly carp. // Accountancy;Apr87, Vol. 99 Issue 1124, p64
Reports that the Commissioners of the British Customs and Excise will appeal against a Value-Added Tax (VAT) Tribunal decision on the VAT liability of live dinkelsbuhl and scaly carp.
- Shrimp Prices Up From Gulf Spill. // SN: Supermarket News;6/28/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 26, p47
The article reports on an increase in the wholesale shrimp prices throughout the U.S. seafood industry due to the ongoing Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Rocky red forecast. Woodring, Jeannie // Alaska Business Monthly;Aug95, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p7
Reports on the prices of red salmon in Bristol Bay, Copper River and Kodiak Island in Alaska.
- Princess Alexandra students make news. McQuatt, Candace A. // Hub (Hay River, NT);4/2/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p5
The article offers information on various events that took place in the 40 years history of Hay River, Northwest Territories as of April 2, 2014 including the All Native hockey tournament, increase in the fish prices, and the launch of "Princess Alexandra School News."
- Correction. // Fly Fisherman;Apr/May2013, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p6
A correction to the article "The Fly Fisherman 2013 Gear Guide" that was published in the previous issue is presented.
- Seafish rises again. // Food Manufacture;Jul2011, Vol. 86 Issue 7, p8
The article reports that Great Britain's Supreme Court issued a statement which allows seafood supplier Seafish UK Ltd. to raise the tax fee on imported seafood and fish products.