USDA offers schools new one-source safety kits
- LESS PAPERWORK, BURDEN: USDA EASES SUMMER F/S RULES. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p62
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Department of Agriculture to launch the Seamless Summer Food Waivers for food service operators. Operators eligible for the waiver; Success of the previous waivers.
- USDA Finalizes Ground Beef Standards for School Lunches. // FoodService Director;8/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has established new standards for purchasing ground beef for nutrition assistance programs and federal food programs such as the National School Lunch Program.
- COMMODITIES ALERT. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p74
Presents updates on rules of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) which affect the food service industry as of May 15, 2001. Standards of (USDA) on food safety and standards; Updates on food allergens; Commercial labeling policy of USDA.
- Schools' New BALANCING Act. King, Paul // FoodService Director;11/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p32
The article discusses the challenges to implementing the new meal regulations mandated by the U.S. Department of Agriculture in line with the Healthy, Hunger Free Kids Act of 2010. According to the article, operators are struggling to understand the rules having had only a few months to decipher...
- Who's Healthiest? // CSP;Jun2015 Supplement 2015 Foodservice Handbook, p37
The article discusses that foodservice operators across the U.S. have started offering healthier food items like fruits and vegetables to their menus, in order to abide by the Department of Agriculture (USDA)'s regulations, and presents statistics about the topic.
- USDA research center targets food safety. // Prepared Foods;Jun98, Vol. 167 Issue 6, p109
Highlights the commitment of the United States Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Eastern Regional Research Center to food safety. Budget allocated for food safety research; Information on Food Pathogen Model of the USDA.
- Irradiation hits front burner... Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;03/01/99, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p1
Focuses on the United States Department of Agriculture's scheduled issuance of proposed rules on the irradiation of raw meat. Reactions from restaurant operators and the meat industry; Significance of irradiation; Findings of studies on consumer attitudes toward irradiation.
- Food Safety Reforms on Tap? // Food Management;Jun2001, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on food safety legislation in the United States. Proposals to create a single food agency; Legislative measures to expand the United States Department of Agriculture's food regulation function.
- 'Rapid response team' studied. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p32
Features a proposed legislation creating a rapid response team within the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) which would take action when a serious threat to food safety surfaces anywhere in the country. Part of the Safe Food Action Plan legislation; Federal Emergency Management...