How technology is moving into f/s
- Web-based system tracks multi-site sales. // Food Management;Jun99, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p28
Reports on the Food Service Account Tracking System used in the food service department of DaimlerChrysler to coordinate the company's food service operations around the world. Profile of C.A. Romano, administrator for the food services department of DaimlerChrysler; Use of the Internet;...
- Playing with the big boys. Callaway, Erin // PC Week;09/15/97, Vol. 14 Issue 39, p90
Focuses on the role of the Internet in the food service industry in the United States during the late 1990s. The Internet as an alternative to traditional electronic data interchange (EDI); The selection of an EDI value added network by the Certified Food Equipment Servicers Association;...
- How f/s operators are using the Internet on-the-job. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p22
Cites an industry survey study which revealed that a growing number of non-commercial food service operators are using the Internet on the job. Internet use across all other food service operators; Areas where Internet use is prevalent; Internet functions that rated high among food service...
- New arena embraces 'nothing but net' outsourced technology. Liddle, Alan J. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/23/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 38, p34
Focuses on the deployment of the ASP InfoGenesis to manage data systems for foodservice and retail operations at American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas. Benefits of the system; Components of the technology infrastructure; Advantage of the system in controlling inventory.
- Marketcapsule: Computers in today's kitchen. // FoodService Director;1/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p8
Presents results of a survey on the use of computers by non-commercial food service operators.
- The lowdown on generic vs. foodservice-specific hardware. Grimes, Robert // Nation's Restaurant News;8/12/96, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p26
Opinion. Comments on the use of generic hardware platforms in food services. Definition of the concept behind generic hardware; Application of generic hardware on food service-related operations; Use of the technology in the point-of-sales (POS) system.
- Front Cover. // IEEE Internet Computing;Jul2014, Vol. 18 Issue 4, pc1
The front cover of the July-August 2014 issue of the "IEEE Internet Computing" journal is presented.
- More operators finding value in data management tools. SCARPA, JAMES J. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/13/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 32, p12
The article reports on the growing use of above-store reporting (ASR) systems by multiunit operators in the food service industry in the U.S. It is said that the use of such technology has risen as the cost of high-speed Internet connections and wide-area networks has fallen and vendors and...
- Restaurateur meets operation challenges using silicon-centered solutions. Liddle, Alan // Nation's Restaurant News;01/13/97, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p26
Focuses on Oklahoma City, Oklahoma restaurateur Ted Curtis' installation of computer-based systems to help him run his Ted's Cafe Escondido Mexican Restaurants. Use of a Micros drive-thru-order monitor; Sampling of technological features and software applications found at the restaurant;...