`Fortified meals' save hospital $2,500/year
- Epidemic Vitamin D Deficiency Among Patients in an Elderly Care Rehabilitation Facility. Schilling, Stefan // Deutsches Aerzteblatt International;5/11/2012, Vol. 109 Issue 19, p359
A letter to the editor in response to the article "Epidemic vitamin D deficiency among patients in an elderly care rehabilitation facility" by Stefan Schilling and a response by Schilling to the same are presented.
- Eat Better & Move More: A Community-Based Program Designed to Improve Diets and Increase Physical Activity Among Older Americans. Wellman, Nancy S.; Kamp, Barbara; Kirk-Sanchez, Neva J.; Johnson, Paulette M. // American Journal of Public Health;Apr2007, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p710
Objectives. We assessed outcomes of an integrated nutrition and exercise program designed for Older Americans Act Nutrition Program participants as part of the Administration on Aging's You Can! campaign. Methods. A 10-site intervention study was conducted. Preintervention and postintervention...
- A Thriving Market for High-Quality Meal Replacement Beverages. Stephens, Greg; Cipollo, Kent // Nutraceuticals World;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p16
The article explores the growth of meal replacement beverages (MRBs) in the U.S. as of January 2016. MRBs are used as tube feeding products in hospitals and nursing homes, weight loss and sport nutrition. Also mentioned are opportunities for MRB manufacturers which should focus on ingredients...
- Ensure goes from can to candy (sort of). // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Feb98, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the availability of the liquid supplement Ensure in candy bars. Previous marketing of Ensure as a meal-in-a-can; Fortification of Ensure with vitamins; Sale of Ensure bars in pharmacies; Nutritional value of Ensure.
- A grass roots approach to good health. Ruth, Joao-Pierre S. // Business News New Jersey;05/25/98, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p24
Focuses on the growth of natural supplements and nutraceuticals market in the United States. Absence of proven powers to treat disease; Forecast on the natural products industry; Damaging effects of anabolic steroids.
- Bee pollen, shark cartilage, ginseng: The truth about 10 top supplements. Zupke, Mary Payne // Environmental Nutrition;Sep93, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p1
Part III. Uncovers the true and false notions on various nutritional supplements. Amino acids; Bee pollen; Blue-green algae; Choline; Coenzyme Q-10; Ginko biloba; Ginseng; Inositol; Lecithin; Shark cartilage.
- Do you need liquid nutrition in a can? // Environmental Nutrition;Mar1994, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p7
Provides information to a reader's question on the liquid nutritional supplement, Ensure. Nutritional content of Ensure; Recommendation of Carnation Instant Breakfast as a liquid supplement.
- Can a multi offer one-stop shopping for vitamins and minerals? Ward, Elizabeth M. // Environmental Nutrition;Aug98, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p1
Questions if a multivitamin/multimineral supplement is beneficial. Comments made by Jeffrey Blumberg of Tufts Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging; Reason for the reluctance of researchers to provide a daily multi supplement. INSET: EN's picks of the pack.
- Why take supplements? // Health News & Review;1993, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p8
Presents reasons why even those who eat nutritious diet may still need supplements.