Board scraps f/s contract
- Sodexho Marriott's new CrossRoads Cafe. // Food Management;Nov99, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p15
Reports on the establishment of school foodservice CrossRoads Cafe by Sodexho Marriott Services Inc. Design of the concept for secondary schools in the United States; Gathering of student input; Features of the concept.
- With Variety, Quality, Excitement: Crossroads Cafe Captures the `Fickle' School Crowd. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p16
Focuses on the CrossRoads Cafe by Sodexho Marriot Services of the United States. Target students of the cafeteria; Aim of Jim Seaton, president of the schools division; Concept of the CrossRoads Cafe. INSET: No Translation Necessary: Branded Stations....
- Tallahassee, Fla. schools outsource. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p2
Discloses the decision of Leon County in Tallahassee, Florida to outsource food service operations for its elementary schools to Sodexho Marriott Services in the fall of 1998. Rationale behind the move; Terms of the contract.
- Sodexho Marriott names school pres. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the selection of Jim Seaton to serve as president of Sodexho Marriott Services' School Services Division. Duties and responsibilities of the position; Shift of the school foodservice industry in the United States toward financial performance, the promotion of retail sales/revenues...
- IN MIDST OF CAMPUS OVERHAUL: Renovations, marketing help U. Toronto grow meal plans. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p22
Provides information on the marketing strategies and improvement that the Sodexho Marriott Services company employed on its food service facilities at the University of Toronto in Ontario. Operation of Sodexho; Challenges faced by the company during the renovation; Increase in the sales; Dinner...
- Keys to build sales. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p75
Discusses strategies to building deli sandwich sales and fueling overall deli/salad bar participation in schools in the U.S.. Features of the build-your-own or made-to-order sandwich; Variety of sandwiches that can boost sales; Components of the Sodexho programs used by Pawtucket Schools in...
- More schools are looking to outside sales. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p96
States that the emphasis of food service operations in school districts in the United States is being targeted at the sales made from the a la carte, highlighting the DeKalb County School in Decatur, Georgia. Amount of students who attend the schools; Amount of money which was spent in food...
- 'BUILD YOUR OWN' BUILDS SALES. // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p5
Announces the increase in lunch participation at the Kenmore-Town of Tonawanda Union Free School District in Buffalo, New York with the initiation of a School Construction Zone promotion throughout its six elementary schools. Concept underlying the promotion; Range of food items included in the...
- Food service operating efficiency as a function of central office staff sizing and responsibilities. Allers, Katherine L.; Murphy, John F. // Education;Spring96, Vol. 116 Issue 3, p451
Presents the results of a study of North Carolina-based school districts to identify the most cost-efficient configurations of food service central office staffing sizes and personal assignments. Background on the study.