Pizza Hut opens new Commissary Kitchen
- At ASFSA Conference in Denver: Managing Commodities, a La Carte. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p18
Focuses on the issues addressed at the 1999 American School Food Service Association conference in Denver, Colorado. Effect of commodity usage on food service; Ways by which children are encouraged to take breakfast; How labor is retained.
- Pizza Hut licenses California school commissary. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/26/96, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p2
Reports that Pizza Hut has licensed a district commissary in Norco, California to turn out the chain's branded pizzas for school foodservice. Labor-saving products supplied by Pizza Hut; Popularity of Pizza Hut's branded pizzas among students.
- School roundtable in Orlando: Operators call out for changes.. // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p24
Reports on the meeting of foodservice operators representing schools districts in the United States during the American School Foodservice Association (ASFSA) national conference in Orlando, Florida regarding the issues impacting school foodservice sector. Significance of alternative feeding...
- To share child nutrition ideas: ASFSA joining hands with world... // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p16
Discusses the gathering of school foodservice officials from different countries at the American School Foodservice Association's (ASFSA) annual conference in Orlando. How the ideas exchanged at the conference allowed Americans to help combat world hunger; American school service program as a...
- School operators target buying & contractor issues. // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p24
Presents an interview with several school foodservice operators about issues that affect the industry, during the American School Food Service Association's (ASFSA) national conference in New Orleans, Louisiana. Assessment of school foodservice under the United States Department of Agriculture...
- RECOMMENDS CURB ON COMPETITIVE FOODS: ASFSA presses Congress for support of school f/s. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the response to the efforts to rally support for federal restrictions on competitive foods in schools in the United States at the American School Food Service Association's Legislative Action Conference in Washington. Details on the conference; Issues discussed at the conference.
- More schools are looking to outside sales. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p96
States that the emphasis of food service operations in school districts in the United States is being targeted at the sales made from the a la carte, highlighting the DeKalb County School in Decatur, Georgia. Amount of students who attend the schools; Amount of money which was spent in food...
- 'BUILD YOUR OWN' BUILDS SALES. // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p5
Announces the increase in lunch participation at the Kenmore-Town of Tonawanda Union Free School District in Buffalo, New York with the initiation of a School Construction Zone promotion throughout its six elementary schools. Concept underlying the promotion; Range of food items included in the...
- Food service operating efficiency as a function of central office staff sizing and responsibilities. Allers, Katherine L.; Murphy, John F. // Education;Spring96, Vol. 116 Issue 3, p451
Presents the results of a study of North Carolina-based school districts to identify the most cost-efficient configurations of food service central office staffing sizes and personal assignments. Background on the study.