Blimpie launches AM/PM program
- Time Is Ripe For Perishables. Francella, Barbara Grondin // Convenience Store News;8/16/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p60
The article focuses on the increase in the sales of perishable products in convenience stores (c-stores) and the desire of operators to meet the demand for healthy and fresh food. Account services vice president Sherry Frey of Perishable Group says that it is time for c-stores to focus on...
- Blimpie profits double, to $1.02M, for 2nd quarter. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/19/96, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p12
Reports on financial developments related to Blimpie International Inc.
- Blimpie expanding into noncommercial, health-care foodservice. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/19/96, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p63
Reports on expansion plans of the firm Blimpie International. Focus on healthcare food service in 1996.
- Blimpie's Conza stars in `Beautiful' ads. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/10/97, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p18
Reports on Blimpie's launching of the second phase of a promotional campaign that casts co-founder Anthony Conza as a hero.
- Subpizza. Alva, Marilyn // Restaurant Business;3/20/93, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p24
Announces the introduction of pizza in six franchises of Blimpie, the submarine sandwich chain. Fort Myers, Florida; Pizza for dinner; Pizza stations.
- Blimpie. // Restaurant Business;7/1/96, Vol. 95 Issue 10, p98
Features the Blimpie chain of restaurants. Total number of units as of July 1996; Low start-up costs for franchisees; Expansion plans.
- On a roll. Fisk, Holly Celeste // Entrepreneur;Oct96, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p190
Features Blimpie International Inc., a company founded by three friends in 1964. Fascination of partners for making sandwiches in front of customers; Sale of first franchise for $600; Increase of revenues to $26.9 million in 1995.
- Blimpie hovers over Garden. Furman, Phyllis; Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;01/06/97, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p6
Presents information on Blimpie Associates, the franchiser of sub shops in New York. Signing on in Madison Square Garden (MSG) as a new franchisee; Future plans.
- Blimpie Calls Review to Reduce Agency Roster. Hill, J. Dee // Adweek Southeast Edition;02/14/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p5
Reports on an advertising agency review held by Blimpie Subs & Salads Restaurants to reduce the number of regional shops. Total value of the account; Comments from Courtney Carrasco, the company's vice president of marketing; Criticism on the plan.