Pre-plate meal contractor launches breakfast promo
- Chicago school dist. awards breakfast prepack program. // FoodService Director;04/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p1
Reports that the breakfast prepack program has been awarded by Chicago Public Schools (CPS) to Preferred Meal Systems. Number of prepack schools the service was offered to on March 1, 1998; Comments from food service director, Sue Susanke; Amount of money in cash sales which CPS generates.
- Compromise House Bill Increases Funds for Nutrition by $100 Million. Tugend, Alina // Education Week;5/8/1985, Vol. 4 Issue 33, p12
The article reports on the approval of a child-nutrition measure that rejects proposals to decrease school-lunch prices and expand eligibility requirements in Washington. The amended bill requires an increase for health-related programs and alleviation in the refund for every school breakfast...
- Challenging 'the most important meal of the day'. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;12/14/98, Vol. 32 Issue 50, p50
Offers insights about the opposing trends in the breakfast programs within the United States educational institutions. Studies linking breakfast and academic performance; Growth in breakfast participation in elementary and secondary schools; Likely disappearance of breakfast as a daypart in...
- Educational Benefits of the United States School Feeding Program: A Critical Review of the Literature. Pollitt, Ernesto; Gersovitz, Mitchell; Gargiulo, Mareta // American Journal of Public Health;May78, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p477
In the Child Nutrition Act of 1966 it was stated that educational progress was an objective of the United States School Feeding programs. In spite of this fact no serious attempt has ever been made to evaluate whether this objective has been met; the few evaluations that have been conducted lack...
- Programas de ayuda alimentaria en MÃ©xico, cobertura y focalizaciÃ³n. Morales-Ruán, Ma. del Carmen; Shamah-Levy, Teresa; Mundo-Rosas, Verónica; Cuevas-Nasu, Lucía; Romero-Martínez, Martín; Villalpando, Salvador; Rivera-Dommarco, Juan Ángel // Salud PÃºblica de MÃ©xico;2013 supplement 2, Vol. 55, pS199
Objective. To describe the distribution of social food assistance programs in Mexico. Materials and methods. Information about 36 150 households from the National Health and Nutrition Survey (ENSANUT 2012) was included. The distribution of the social assistance food programs by characteristics...
- USDA's Watkins to push universal school breakfast. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p5
Discusses the efforts of United States Department of Agriculture Undersecretary Shirley Watkins to implement a universal school breakfast. Additional costs to fund the program; Congressional hearings for Federal re-authorization of child nutrition programs which will set funding for the next...
- Poster contest inks nutrition to education. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/24/97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p58
Reports on Preferred Meals System's holding of a poster-making competition among Chicago schools. Objective of the competition.
- Turnkey Program: Chicago gets pre-plate. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p26
Reports on pre-plated meals received by schools in Chicago, Illinois from Preferred Meal Systems Inc. (PMS). Increase in lunch participation; Reasons for the increase; Comments on the service of PMS.
- School Meal Programs: Competitive Foods Are Available in Many Schools; Actions Taken to Restrict Them Differ by State and Locality: GAO-04-673. Bellis, David D. // GAO Reports;4/23/2004, p1
The nation faces a complex challenge in addressing recent trends in children's health and eating habits. To address these trends, in 2001, the U.S. Surgeon General issued a call to action to prevent and decrease overweight and obesity among all Americans, especially children. In this statement,...