Two brands partner back-of-house space
- Ohio state co-brands Steak Escape, Mrs. Fields. Crater, Amanda // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p50
Describes the foodservice program at Columbus-based Ohio State University which features the co-branding of a Steak Escape unit with Mrs. Fields Cookies. Competition through combo meals; Price range; Opening of Sbarro and Wendy's; Approximate number of customers; Students' preference for...
- State of the "Union.". Reill, Howard // FoodService Director;5/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p38
The article focuses on the dining and catering options being offered by the new Ohio Union at Ohio State University. The new student union building was opened in March 2010. The Union Market serves as the building's main dining venue and offers a variety of food stations, including a grill...
- One-dish wonders. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p72
Reports on the popularity of casseroles among universities and colleges in the United States. Reasons behind the popularity of casseroles; Ingredients of casseroles in Elizabethtown College in Pennsylvania; Range of casserole offerings at Ohio State University in Columbus.
- OSU Dining Services keeping students fed during lengthy strike. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;05/29/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p19
Focuses on the continuous operations of the Dining Services department at Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. Utilization of management staff and temporary workers to provide foodservice to students on meal plans; Strike by civil-service employees; Communications Workers of America union's...
- More Late-Night Services Available: Ohio State Univ. `plugs' supplier brands in promos. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p50
Focuses on the food service programs implemented at the Housing and Dining department of Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. Statistical information on student participation; Food service outlets available to meal plan students; How the marketing of housing food service facilities is...
- Burritos big in Ohio. // FoodService Director;10/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the success of Burritos Noches, a late-night Mexican operation located at Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. Choices of food available; Prices; Target consumers; Factors that led to the success of the operation.
- Ohio State of Change. STOESSEL, ERIC // Food Management;Jun2014, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p28
The article offers information related to school foodservice and campus dining, featuring the Ohio State University's Dining Services. Zia Ahmed, the senior director of dining services, discusses the upgrade of the school's cafeterias. Information about Ohio State Dining such as college...
- ATI uses Grandin handling design. WHITE, TIM; WHITED, FRANCES // Ohio Farmer;Dec2012, Vol. 308 Issue 12, p9
The article presents information on a joint venture between the Agricultural Technical Institute (ATI) of the Ohio State University (OSU) and Grandin Livestock Handling Systems Inc. to construct a cattle facility with an aim to meet the need of both beef producers and OSU ATI. INSET: Key Points.
- Counting the Cost. // Food Management;Jun2011, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p26
The article offers information on the cost control strategies practiced by the Ohio University (OU) in its foodservice area in the U.S. It states that the OU has managed its fiscal issues by providing efficient labor allocation to investments, focusing on customer feedback, and using alternative...