U. of Alabama Hospital bakery sales jump 5%
- Recipe for success. Wampler, Susan L. // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/13/93, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p1A
Features the Gourmet Goodies Inc. owned by Kim Harvey. Clientele; Marketing of lime cookies; Sales projection for the quarter beginning September 1, 1993; Markets; Food representatives; Background on Harvey.
- NEW CONTRACT SCOREBOARD. // FoodService Director;2/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p12
Presents a tabular representation of the contracts awarded to several food service companies in the U.S. Sodexho with University of Alabama Hospital in Birmingham; HDS Services with Lakeside Alternatives in Orlando, Florida; Parkhurst Dining Services with the National City Center in Cleveland,...
- IN A JAM. GARBEE, JENN // Los Angeles Magazine;Jul2012, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p48
The article evaluates several jams in Los Angeles, California including California Relish from Viola's Gourmet Goodies Inc., Blueberry Jam from Forbidden Fruit Orchards and Tomato with Vanilla Beans from Lemon Bird Handmade Jams.
- Managing well into the future. Karp, Hal // Black Enterprise;Mar1997, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p60
Presents information on how Kevin Eugene Lofton, Chief Executive Officer and Director of University of Alabama Hospital leads the health care through change. His vision for the hospital when he arrived in 1993; Lofton's first priority; Details on the Family Road Program, another innovative...
- Ala.'s largest hospital juggles waste stream. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;02/26/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 39, p10
Reports on waste management at the University of Alabama's hospital in Birmingham. Employee training; Sources of medical waste; Challenges.
- Regional favorites win sales. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on some of the most popular meats which are chosen to prepare breakfasts in the United States, highlighting the breakfasts prepared at the Providence Health Center, Waco, Texas. Reference to the burritos which are made at the facility; Costs of the burritos; Information on...
- IN LONG BEACH, CA: Hospital dishes lighten up for summertime. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the changes in the Seaside Cafe menu at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in California to capitalize on customers who want lighter cold dishes and thirst-quenching beverages. Bottled beverages offered at the Cafe; Percentage of increase in beverage sales.
- Hospitals feeding patients healthier meals. // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p5
Reveals that hospitals in the United States are offering healthier meals based on a survey by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- Hospitals should know better. Liebman, Bonnie // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar97, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p6
Presents the nutritional content of the meals served in hospitals. Caloric content; Average amount of cholesterol; Average amount of fiber.