MarketCapsule: The outlook for nursing homes
- Nursing homes, hospitals urged to treat bed sores aggressively. // New York Amsterdam News;1/7/95, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p30
Reports on the US Agency for Health Care Policy's release of practice guidelines on the treatment of bedsores in nursing homes and hospitals. Formation of bedsores; Prevention of bed sores; Costs of bed sores treatment; Recommendations.
- AHCPR funds rural health research initiative. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Feb95, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the grants awarded by the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research (AHCPR) to support demonstration projects of innovative ways to deliver healthcare services in rural areas of Maine, West Virginia, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Iowa and Arizona. Focus on innovations brought about in urban...
- Federal research agency will begin studying rural issues. // American Family Physician;2/15/94, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p551
Reports on the announcement of the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research on the establishment of regional centers for the purpose of studying rural health issues.
- AHCPR promotes research to avoid ax. Wechsler, Jill // Formulary;Feb96, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p138
Focuses on the efforts of the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research (AHCPR) to avoid shutdown due to reduced budget. Debate about the role of the agency in determining how best to treat various health conditions and diseases; Confusion over AHCPR's guidelines on disease management. INSET:...
- The AHCPR after the battles. Kahn, Charles N. // Health Affairs;Jan/Feb1998, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p109
Opinion. Discusses the changes made at the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research in efforts to maintain its replication by the private sector and avoid opposition by Congress. Information on the agenda that must be maintained to meet this replication; When the agency was established;...
- Agency takes steps to improve guidelines. Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;2/6/95, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p23
Reports on the efforts of the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research in the development of clinical practice guidelines. Remarks by Douglas Kamerow, director of guideline development effort; Cost of the guidelines; Number of guidelines published by the agency.
- Currents: Health care reform. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;2/20/94, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p20
Reports on the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research's (AHCPR) offering of grants for studies related to health care reform. Comments by AHCPR Administrator J. Jarett Clinton on resolving malpractice disputes; Recommended areas of research.
- Guideline agency faces wipeout. // Ophthalmology Times;7/17/95, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p3
Reports that the House and Senate budget committee approved the elimination of the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research due to budgetary constraints.
- AHCPR again on the block. // Ophthalmology Times;8/14/95, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p5
Reports on the plans to eliminate the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research.