Fla. hospital launches 24-hr., 7-day menus
- Gifford Hospital adds room service. // FoodService Director;4/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p6
The article reports that Gifford Medical Center has added a room service program that offers patients meals which are made to order. Room service is available from 11 in the morning to 6 in the afternoon to patients in the Howell Pavilion medical/surgical unit, the Transitional Care...
- Ennis Regional Medical Center discontinues obstetrics services. // Ellis County Press;2/18/2016, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p1
The article reports that obstetrics services will be removed from Ennis Regional Medical Center and states that to give expectant mothers quality care during labor, it is joining obstetricians to transfer patients to facilities and present views of chief executive officer(CEO) Alan Daugherty.
- Hospital Takes 'Lean' Approach. // FoodService Director;9/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p12
The article reports that St. Vincent Health Center in Erie, Pennsylvania reduced meal delivery times for its room service program by more than half in 2007 by implementing the Lean Six Sigma approach to improving service. Barry Locke, director of food and nutrition services for the hospital,...
- Carts Offer Compromise Solution. // Food Management;Dec2008, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p34
The article discusses the use of temp-controlled mobile carts at Somerset Medical Center in New Jersey which provide some of the benefits of room service without all the costs. The carts troll through the hallways carrying hot and cold meal components assembled outside patient rooms. It offers...
- Here for the long haul. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p36
Focuses on the room service program of the Swedish Medical Center in Seattle, Washington. Person credited for the creation of the program; Percentage increase in patient satisfaction with the food and nutrition services department brought by the program; Overview of the program.
- People First. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;5/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p26
The article features Tonya Burnett, nutrition services director at St. Rita's Medical Center in Lima, Ohio, and her achievements while serving the post. One accomplishment of the employee group of Burnett cited is the shift to room service for patient dining in which a call center takes the...
- Final deliveries for Brookhaven. Snyder, Alison // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/11/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 18, p1A
The article reports on the plan of the Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center to eliminate its maternity unit in New York. The hospital blamed its $2.7 million annual loss and decreased demand for obstetric services for the closure of the unit. The proposal is pending for the approval from...
- 2-day maternity stay OK'd. L.B. // AHA News;3/18/96, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p6
Reports that Maryland's St. Agnes HealthCare has won state approval to let new mothers remain in the hospital after a normal delivery even if their insurance will not pay for it. Flat hospital rate of $2,511; Failure of the hospital to seek the permission of the Health Services Cost Review...
- Buffet for new moms. // FoodService Director;6/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the success of the breakfast buffet program designed by Vassar Brothers Medical Center in Poughkeepsie, New York, for labor and delivery patients in its maternity unit. Feedback from the patients; Breakfast offerings of the hospital; Reason for offering breakfast buffet.