Duke U. opens Alpine Bagels
- A+ in nutrition. Howard, Beth // Shape;Jun97, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p26
Reports that Duke University ranked first on healthful campus food, according to a survey by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. Duke's low-fat, low-cholesterol fare; Low-ranking of West Point.
- Duke strikes it big with marketplace concept. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, JumpStart News p5
Reports on the success of Durham, North Carolina-based Duke University's marketplace concept for its food service business. Establishment of the open-air food court on campus; Concept attractions; Concept's focus on variety; Emphasis on employee training.
- Duke Dining Prohibits Polystyrene. // FoodService Director;5/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p22
The article reports on the banning of polystyrene foam from all Duke University dining locations.
- Duke launches Mean Gene's unit. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the opening of the first Mean Gene's Burgers in the campus dining facility of Duke University in Durham, North Carolina in September 1998. Size of the Mean Gene's outlet; Food choices; On-site support and follow-up as part of Mean Gene's training.
- An Edible Arrangement. Herrmann, Michele // University Business;Nov2010, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p44
The article offers information on how to establish food service franchise partnership in universities and colleges in the U.S. According to Tom Mac Dermott, president of Clarion Group, it is ideal to use food service franchises as the primary business model. The article notes that popularity and...
- Chartwells to Open Tossed Unit at University of Miami. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;11/3/2014, p2
The article reports that Compass Group's Chartwells, one of the leading providers of catering and support services to schools in Great Britain, has signed a franchise agreement with the Tossed restaurant concept for its unit at the University of Miami in Florida.
- BBQ eatery grows from trailer to full service restaurant. Taylor, Debbi // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;5/7/2007, Vol. 36 Issue 44, p4
The article reports on the relocation and expansion of Q4U, a barbecue restaurant in Salt Lake Valley, Utah, from a fast/casual concept to a full service restaurant. It says that new location in Kearns is more than triple the size of the original eatery it operated for ten years. Also announced...
- Duke seeks proposals for foodservice facilities. // Nation's Restaurant News;08/25/97, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p34
Focuses on the request for proposals issued by the Duke University Health System in Durham, North Carolina to contract companies to manage foodservice at its Duke Center for Living and the Duke Diet and Fitness Center.
- MCDONALD'S RIGHT NEXT DOOR: Duke's Grill benefits from QSR unit. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p6
Discusses how traffic and sales at the Armadillo Grill in the Bryan Center of Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, have increased since McDonald's opened next to it in spring 2000. Foods served at the restaurant; Comments from Jim Wulforst, director of dining services.