Tallahassee, Fla. schools outsource
- Sodexho Marriott's new CrossRoads Cafe. // Food Management;Nov99, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p15
Reports on the establishment of school foodservice CrossRoads Cafe by Sodexho Marriott Services Inc. Design of the concept for secondary schools in the United States; Gathering of student input; Features of the concept.
- With Variety, Quality, Excitement: Crossroads Cafe Captures the `Fickle' School Crowd. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p16
Focuses on the CrossRoads Cafe by Sodexho Marriot Services of the United States. Target students of the cafeteria; Aim of Jim Seaton, president of the schools division; Concept of the CrossRoads Cafe. INSET: No Translation Necessary: Branded Stations....
- Board scraps f/s contract. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p16
Announces the decision of the Lake County School District in Tavares, Florida not to renew its contract with Sodexho Marriott Services after its first year of operations. Reason for the move; Efforts to switch back to self-operation.
- Sodexho Marriott names school pres. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the selection of Jim Seaton to serve as president of Sodexho Marriott Services' School Services Division. Duties and responsibilities of the position; Shift of the school foodservice industry in the United States toward financial performance, the promotion of retail sales/revenues...
- IN MIDST OF CAMPUS OVERHAUL: Renovations, marketing help U. Toronto grow meal plans. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p22
Provides information on the marketing strategies and improvement that the Sodexho Marriott Services company employed on its food service facilities at the University of Toronto in Ontario. Operation of Sodexho; Challenges faced by the company during the renovation; Increase in the sales; Dinner...
- Keys to build sales. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p75
Discusses strategies to building deli sandwich sales and fueling overall deli/salad bar participation in schools in the U.S.. Features of the build-your-own or made-to-order sandwich; Variety of sandwiches that can boost sales; Components of the Sodexho programs used by Pawtucket Schools in...
- New California law to affect school foodservice-contract business. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;10/14/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 41, p8
Reports on the planned implementation of a law regarding the outsourcing of foodservice in schools in California. Effort of protecting the rights of support staffs; Influence of the action taken by California School Employees Union; Speculation on the effects of the law on the foodservice industry.
- WHICH EYES DEBIT CARD, TACO BELL: NJ schools sign CulinArt. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p32
Reports that CulinArt, a food service contractor, has won a contract to manage the food programs at three of the Livingston, New Jersey district schools. Number of students and staff it will serve; Terms of the agreement.
- Something in the Food. // NEA Today;Sep97, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p11
Focuses on the school administrators in Greenville, Mississippi's decision of not contracting out cafeteria work or place Workfare recipients in the kitchens. Reason for the administrators' decision.