MarketCapsule: C-store sales are rising
- Convenience Stores in the UK. // European Retail Digest;Autumn96, Issue 12, p52
Examines the operations of convenience stores in Great Britain in 1996. Principal categories of convenience store retailers; Description of convenience stores; Forecast on the categories of convenience stores which are likely to succeed.
- Catching the C-store consumer. // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Feb99, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p14
Deals with the growth of convenience stores in the United States. Factors that drive the sales growth of convenience stores; Consumers of the convenience stores; Average time spent by consumers in a convenience store.
- Terminal trouble. Rees, David // Convenience Store;10/1/2010, p5
The article reports on the complaints of convenience store retailers in Great Britain about in-store pay terminals, claiming that the units are costing them money.
- SHOP TALK. // Forecourt Trader;Jul2012, p41
The article advises convenience stores operators and other retailers in Great Britain to put in displays with a 2012 Olympics-related theme to gain some sales benefits.
- Added concern. // Convenience Store;8/31/2012, p19
The article presents questions and answers related to convenience stores including why is it a good idea for convenience stores to provide additional services, what is the most service a convenience retailer can provide, and are there any additional services that c-stores can offer but are...
- C-stores 'will give a good fight' in 2011. Mannering, Robin // Convenience Store;1/7/2011, p3
The article reports on a poll conducted by "Convenience Store" magazine which found that the majority of retailers in Great Britain are bullish about 2011 despite the increase in value-added tax (VAT) and economic uncertainty.
- CONVENIENCE INDUSTRY GOLF DAY. // SupermarketNews;May2013, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p30
Several photographs are presented depicting the participants in the Convenience Industry Golf Day in New Zealand.
- Convenience meets freshness at Spar. // Drug Store News;11/19/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 15, p4
The article reports on the new store opened by Spar, the largest convenience store group in Great Britain, in Penwortham, Lancashire, England in which the group called as the next generation in convenience retail industry.
- Signs of Life. Longo, Don // Convenience Store News;10/4/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 13, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the article "Checking In," and an article on Sheetz, a Mid-Atlantic convenience-store chain.
- C-stores enjoy record 1998 sales, profits. // National Petroleum News;Mid-Jul99, Vol. 91 Issue 8, p119
Discusses the strong financial performance of convenience stores in the United States in 1998. Total industry sales; Foodservice sales; Industry profits before taxes; Data from the 1999 State of the Industry report by the National Association of Convenience Stores and `Convenience Store News';...