Financial Briefs . .
- VarsityBooks.com To Provide Exclusive New-Book Outsourcing Duties For 30 Institutions. // Educational Marketer;04/03/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p1
Reports that the online college bookstore VarsityBooks.com has signed exclusive partnerships with educational institutions since it launched its Partnership Program.
- VarsityBooks to Focus On Marketing Services. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/8/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 19, p16
Announces that VarsityBooks.com is changing its business model to emphasize its marketing services business and to reduce its retail operations. Goal of the company; Implication of the move; Information on its plan to revise its corporate name.
- New Focus Leads to Varsity Group's First Profit. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/5/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 45, p12
Reports that Varsity Group Inc., a publishing company, has posted its first profitable quarter which ended on September 30, 2001. Details on the sales, net loss and revenues posted by the company; Information on the educational program launched by the company; Importance of the company's...
- Varsity Gets Busy. Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;8/25/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 34, p14
Reports on the sales of online textbook seller Varsity Group in the second quarter ended June 30, 2003. Comparison of sales for the second quarter of 2003 and during the first six months of 2002; Net loss of the company in the first six months of 2003.
- Big Gains at Varsity Group. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 46, p17
Deals with the sales and earnings for the third quarter ended September 30, 2003 posted by publisher Varsity Group Inc. Rise in the company's revenue and net income; Number of institutions where Varsity operated online stores; Comments from Dan Rush of Varsity.
- Varsity Rejoins NASDAQ, MediaBay Faces Delisting. // Publishers Weekly;10/11/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 41, p12
Presents an update on the stocks of the two companies in the book industry in the U.S. as of October 11, 2004. Significance of the return of Varsity Group Inc. to NASDAQ; Reason MediaBay Inc. faces delisting from NASDAQ; Result of MediaBay's announcement that it reached an agreement with...
- Blackboard Drives Revenue Up 15.9% In Q2, 20.2% In First Half. // Educational Marketer;8/9/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the revenues of Washington D.C.-based higher education electronic learning platform and services provider, Blackboard Inc. for the second quarter of year 2004. Value of the contracts; Core market of the company in higher education; Generation of revenues from both the product and...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;3/3/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 9, p4
This section offers news briefs on book publishing. Random House has acquired the visual book publisher Monacelli Press. The Varsity Group has agreed to be acquired by Follett Corp. for 20 cents per share, making the value of the deal about $3.9 million. Audible Inc. reported total revenue of...
- Sales Jump, Losses Soar at VarsityBooks. // Publishers Weekly;3/6/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the increase in the 1999 sales of VarsityBooks.Com, which went public on February 15, 2000. Comparison of the company's sales in 1998 and 1999; Largest expense of Varsity during the year; Vice president of business development named by the company.