- The NAEP 1997 arts education assessment: An overview. // Music Educators Journal;Sep98, Vol. 85 Issue 2, National Center for Education Statistics
Focuses on the completion of a national arts assessment program by the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) in 1997. Who was involved in this assessment; Results of art assessment program; What the NAEP 1997 Arts Education Report Card will contain; Importance of the arts.
- Testing as Opportunity. McDaniels, Garry // Curriculum Administrator;Feb99, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on the opportunities offered by the national assessments to schools in the United States. Study on the types of student behavior; Challenges faced by National Assessment of Educational Progress on evaluations; Sample findings about arts evaluations; Relevance of methodology used in the...
- Overview of NAEP assessments. // Overview of NAEP Assessments;2000, p1
Presents an overview of the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP). Long term trend NAEP measures.
- Putting Readers in the Driver's Seat. Wassersstein, Paulette // Educational Leadership;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p74
Suggests the need for teaching students to read strategically. Skills that lead to higher processing of information, according to F.B. Davis; Outcome of the reading assessment conducted by the National Assessment of Educational Progress; Discussion on reading strategies.
- NAEP Scores Disappoint. // NSTA Reports!;Summer2012, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p24
The article provides information regarding a report from the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), called The Nation's Report Card: Science 2011 released in May 2012.
- City kids show they have the write stuff. // American Teacher;May/Jun2008, Vol. 92 Issue 8, p2
The article reports that the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) has announced on April 2008 that overall student writing scores for 2007 has increased. The study states that schools in large central cities showed increased eighth-grade writing scores at a faster phase than the...
- Motivation to Ace NAEP: Prom Tickets. GEWERTZ, CATHERINE // Education Week;12/1/2010, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p14
A blog is presented about schools' efforts to motivate 12th graders with items such as free prom tickets so they will try to improve their results on the National Assessment of Educational Progress project.
- Source. // Reason;Jul99, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p11
Focuses on the report compiled by the National Assessment of Education Progress called `Reading Report Card For the Nation and the States,' regarding student achievements in the United States. Web site for the report; Percentage of students who performed at or above the proficient level.
- Editorial. Fonder, Mark // Journal of Historical Research in Music Education;Oct2007, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Timothy Oliver on the implications of the 1978 National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) with regard to music and another by Keith Preston and Jere Humphreys on trends and characteristics among doctoral...