Q3 Was Toughest on Printers; Test Prep and New Titles Helped Some K-12 and College Publishers
- Courier Corp. acquires Book-mart. // Publishers Weekly;7/28/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 30, p16
Reports that Courier Corp. has acquired Book-mart Press. Specializations of Book-mart; Background information on the company.
- As Its Own Sale Progresses, Thomson Learning Acquires College Web-Based Tools Provider Aplia. // Educational Marketer;3/5/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p1
The article announces the acquisition of Aplia, a college Web-based tools provider, by Thomson Learning Corp. in the U.S. Harris Morris, chief strategy officer for Thomson, states that the acquisition was a natural progress of its strategic partnership with Aplia. Aplia also has teamed up with...
- News Briefs . . . // Educational Marketer;11/17/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p8
Reports developments related to publishing industry in the U.S. as of November 2003. Merger of the two testing divisions of Harcourt Education Group under the name of Harcourt Assessment; Launch of the fourth edition of flagship speech and language assessment; Developments in the Course...
- Thomson Learning Adds Criminal Justice, Lifelong Learning Titles. // Educational Marketer;4/19/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the acquisition of Thomson Learning of criminal justice, career and reference titles in two separate transactions to boosts its higher education and lifelong learning offerings in Stamford, Connecticut. Acquisition of criminal justice paperback from Copperhouse Publishing; Addition...
- Thomson Learning Makes More Executive Changes At Its New Higher Education Group. // Educational Marketer;8/9/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p1
Reports on executive changes in the Higher Education group of Stamford, Connecticut-based publishing company Thomson Learning. Responsibilities of Eduardo Moura and Bob Lynch.
- Thomson acquires Mexican publisher. // Fairfield County Business Journal;01/29/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on Stamford, Connecticut-based Thomson Learning's acquisition of North America-based higher-education, business and economics publisher ECAFSA.
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;11/21/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 47, p4
The article provides publishing-related news briefs on topics including the amount of sales in bookstores in September 2011, the promotion of Pam Krauss at the book publishing company Clarkson Potter, and the financial performance of the publishing company Courier Corp in the fiscal year 2011.
- Publishing Flat, Printing Down, at Courier Corp. // Publishers Weekly;1/28/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 4, p136
Reports on the sales performance of Courier Corp. in the quarter ended December 29, 2001. Revenue of the company's book publishing segment; Factors that affected the sales performance of the company; Forecast for its total revenues in 2002.
- Growth at Pearson Education, Thomson Learning in First 9 Months; McGraw-Hill Education Slumps. // Educational Marketer;11/6/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 31, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of educational publishers during the first nine months of 2006 in the U.S. Pearson Education Inc. has experienced a 6-percent increase of revenue over the same period last year, while that of Thomson Learning Corp. has surged by 4.5 percent. On...