- For Kansas VA Bill, Will the Third Time Be The Charm? Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/10/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 10, p3
Reports that a bill which would make variable products subject to securities regulation is up for consideration in the state House Judiciary Committee in Kansas. Need for additional protection that securities regulation can provide to consumers; Effect of the bill on the cost of variable...
- New NYC agency offers tantalizing underwriter slots. Birger, Jon S. // Crain's New York Business;01/13/97, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p3
Discusses why New York City's underwriting assignments have been considered as some of the muni bond market's best. Speculation that the New York City Finance Authority will open up additional lucrative underwriting assignments; Need for the city to circumvent its constitutional debt limit;...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/14/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 39, p58
Presents several charts depicting the global underwritings of the Financial Institution Groups organization. Types of securities; Top U.S. bookrunners; Amount of the total rank value of Citigroup/Salomon Smith Barney company.
- Monthly Roundup. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/14/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 15, p55
Presents tabular data about the deals of securities and insurance finalized in the U.S. in March 2002 and 2003. Details of the different types of deals; Comparison of proceeds earned from deals in 2002 and 2003; Information about the deals done during the first quarter of 2002 and 2003.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Industrials. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/18/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 44, p44
Reports on global industrials underwriting volume, as of November 18, 2002. Issues of several security types of global volume byproducts; Ranks of global target mergers & acquisitions advisers; Details of global debt deals.
- Insurers Oppose Revision Of Securities Law That Impacts Variable Products. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/27/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 35, p42
Highlights the proposed revision of the Uniform Securities Act that would bring variable insurance products under the auspices of state securities regulators. Draftees of the model law; Why variable products are not excluded according to the draft; Complaints of insurers against the revision;...
- Your Cyber Insurance Questions Answered. Ludwig, Sarah E. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2015, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p44
The article presents questions and answers including how useful is cyber insurance, what should be demanded in their cyber insurance coverage, and what should companies know when looking to obtain cyber insurance.
- UBL introduces UIPPF II. // Flare (Pakistan);Oct2013, p74
The article reports on the launch of the Shariah Compliant fund by the UBL Fund Managers under its Constant Proportion Portfolio Insurance (CPPI) based series by the name of UBL Islamic Principal Preservation Fund II (UIPPF II)
- Beyond Catastrophes. McDonald, Lee // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Apr99, Vol. 99 Issue 12, p73
Focuses on the financing of insurance risks through securitization in the United States. Securitization in the catastrophe insurance market; Model of catastrophe bonds issued; Tools for securitizing risks; Possible changes in the securitization strategies of insurers; Investor interest in...