Pension Bill Could Hurt Bonds
- Steve Bee on PENSIONS. Bee, Steve // Money Marketing;12/2/2004, p30
Comments on the pension legislation in Great Britain. Impact of the legislation on average pension savers and pension scheme members; Discussion of the key provisions of the legislation.
- Pension Bill Irks Experts. Quigley, Joan // Bond Buyer;2/14/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33466, p1
The article reports on the pension bill that would forbid bond experts from issuing tax-exempt bonds in the U.S. It mentions that the bill was introduced by California Representative Devin Nunes. According to the author, the bill would necessitate both state and local governments to submit...
- Bill for $10 Billion of Coloorado Pension Bonds Races the Clock. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;5/4/2015, p10
The article focuses on the House Bill 15-1388 in Colorado which will provide pension bonds for the retirement system in the state. Topics include the withdrawal of state Representative Chris Holbert as the bill's primary sponsor, the prohibition of state and local governments in the state from...
- House panel passes modernization; Some issues unresolved. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;10/31/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30264, p4
States that the House Commerce Committee passed financial modernization legislation that would continue to prevent banks from directly underwriting municipal revenue bonds. Issues still left unresolved even after the passing of the bill; difficulty in merging Commerce's version of financial...
- Pensions Bill. // Accountancy;Feb1995, Vol. 115 Issue 1218, p100
Reports that Great Britain's Pensions Bill has been published and has received its first reading in the House of Lords.
- Keep it simple and smart. Mulligan, Kate // Money Management;7/29/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p12
Comments on the introduction of superannuation choice legislation in Australia. Implications for the money management market; Effectivity date of the choice legislation; Danger that the debate raging over aspects of the changes could damage investor's confidence in the industry.
- ROOM TO MOVE. Laurence, Michael // BRW;7/1/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p22
Focuses on Australian Senate's passage of a choice-of-fund legislation that will give employees the right to nominate which fund receives their compulsory employer super contributions. Massive campaign that will be launched by fund managers, life companies, and financial planners to persuade...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;9/12/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33580, p26
The article offers information on the legislative status report of bonds in the U.S. It notes that the Public Employee Pension Transparency Act is identical on the bill sponsored by Representative Devin Nunes. It also mentions the bill that prohibits taxpayer bailouts of fiscally irresponsible...
- ARFS FOR ALL. Kenny, Paul // Accountancy Ireland;Jun2000, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p30
Discusses the legislative changes in Ireland's Finance Act 2000 which extends pension options to everybody who makes Additional Voluntary Contributions to ordinary occupational pension schemes. Background; Approved Retirement Fund revolution; Qualifiers; Conditions; 2000 Changes; Investment;...