Street Eagerly Awaits CIBC's Hybrid IPO
- CIBC Prices $375 Brant Point CBO. Roper, Akil Salim // Private Placement Letter;05/24/99, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p4
Reports on a collateralized bond obligation offered in the private placement market by CIBC World Markets. Worth of the deal; Rating; Price.
- Charity Free-for-All at CIBC World Markets. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Dec99, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p20
Reports that CIBC World Markets will donate all the commissions it earns on December 7, 1999 to charities for disadvantaged children. Amount donated in 1998; Comments from spokesperson Debra Douglas; Information on the so-called `Miracle Day.'
- Canada Soothes A Sweet Tooth. Colomer, Nora // Private Placement Letter;06/12/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p2
Reports on the $100 million private placement offering from CIBC World Markets company. Anticipated reception for the offering; Background of the company.
- CIBC Tries To Mix Markets. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/24/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p15
Focuses on the business strategies of CIBC World Markets Inc. Details on initial public offering in the U.S. and Canada by CIBC; Efforts of CIBC to circumvent the U.S. tax codes; Other commercial plans of CIBC.
- CIBC Picks Syntegra Turrets For Trading Floors Worldwide. Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;08/21/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 32, p7
Reports on CIBC World Markets Corp.'s roll out of 450 positions on six trading floors of Syntegra's ITS voice trading platform. Information technology support for all of the firm's trading positions.
- CIBC rolls the dice with new HY hire. Braunschweig, Carolina // High Yield Report;01/24/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p2
Reports the recruitment of Jacques Cornet as high yield senior gaming analyst for CIBC World Markets. Focus of the company on customer base and relations for high yield debt; Inclination of the gaming sector toward acquisitions; Decline of growth in the industry.
- Prudential's Cutback is CIBC's Gain. Collings, Richard // Investment Management Weekly;2/12/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p2
Reports on the addition of three individuals to CIBC World Markets' financial institutions group from Prudential Securities.
- LBO Shops Pounce on IDS. MacFadyen, Ken // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/24/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 21, p11
Focuses on income depository securities (IDS), a hybrid structure created by CIBC World Markets, which combines the common stock and debt of a business into a solitary unit. Buyout firms' use of income depositary securities (IDS) as exits from their portfolio companies in the U.S; Companies'...
- CIBC's IDS Structure Gets FIrst Copycat. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/16/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the companies that imitated the income depository securities structure of CIBC World Markets Corp. in an initial public offering (IPO) in the United States. Features of the CIBC IPO; Characteristics of IPO that appeal to retail investors; Reasons behind the popularity of the CIBC...