North Carolina Readies $400 Million GO Issue for Highway Project
- N.C. DOT Closing on Garvees. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/22/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33637, p1
The article reports on the decision of the North Carolina Department of Transportation to close a 145.5 million dollars deal with the use of grant anticipation revenue vehicle (Garvee) bonds in 2011. Proceeds of the Garvee bond are part of funding the 19.7-mile Monroe Connector, which is the...
- North Carolina Approves Debt for I-77 Toll Project. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/22/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F320, p1
The North Carolina DOT picked a consortium headed by Cintra Infraestructuras S.A. to build a 26-mile express toll lane project.
- North Carolina Passes $3-Billion Bond for Highways and Schools. Grogan, Tim // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/27/2015, Vol. 274 Issue 12, p4
Construction Week 04-27-2015
- NORTH CAROLINA'S FIRST CRACK AT DESIGN-BUILD PAVES THE WAY. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/10/2002, Vol. 248 Issue 22, p15
Reports the approval of the design-build for highway projects by the Department of Transportation in North Carolina. Assumption of the financial risk to the proposal; Expansion of the highway; Absence of impending commuter traffic.
- A Model of Highway Planning. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;09/13/99, Vol. 243 Issue 11, p80
Editorial. Looks at the construction of a highway traversing into the Appalachian Mountains through North Carolina. Working relationship between government agencies, the North Carolina Department of Transportation and contractors; Conservation of natural resources along the highway...
- North Carolina DOT Remembers Highway Fatality Victims with Lighted Tree, Ceremony. // AASHTO Journal: Weekly Transportation Report;12/13/2013, p8
The article informs that the North Carolina Department of Transportation (DOT) lit an evergreen tree on the State Capitol grounds in Raleigh with 1,271 lights to honor those who lost their lives on North Carolina's roadway in 2012.
- Public information and information exchange. // Public Roads;Autumn96, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p54
Reports that 13 Russian highway officials visited North Carolina on June 2-11, 1996 as part of an ongoing twinning effort between the North Carolina Department of Transportation and the Krasnodar region of Russia.
- SOUTHEAST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;10/13/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33598, p8
A table is presented is presented which lists the issuer and purpose of invisible supply in the Southeastern States including Florida education outlay bonds, North Carolina Department of Transportation, and Commonwealth Transportation Board bonds in Virginia.
- From "No" to "Go" Boggs, Mark // Roads & Bridges;Mar2004, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p50
Reports on the directive of the North Carolina state legislature for the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) to conduct a feasibility study considering the option of a toll-supported highway construction in 2000. Background on the condition of the North Carolina state highway in...